• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte, unlike ATL and Raleigh, is a city in decline

Lack of unbelievable traffic I guess was a negative too. Have fun in Atlanta or RTP. But I’m sure the great public transportation will alleviate that pain.

to be clear I don't think Charlotte is a good option, but I wouldn't go with Atlanta either. MAYBE Raleigh.

Lack of unbelievable traffic I guess was a negative too. Have fun in Atlanta or RTP. But I’m sure the great public transportation will alleviate that pain.

The traffic around RTP is not nearly as bad as coming into Charlotte. I don't commute to RTP, but I occasionally have to be in Durham around rush hour, and in Charlotte almost as often. Raleigh doesn't have a rail system like Charlotte, although I would love to see one, and think it's worth the cost. Raleigh to RTP/Durham sounds even better.

Raleigh has great strengths with the quality of life, universities, decent cost of living (that's rising). But I think infrastructure will prevent any chance we had at this. Still rooting for it.

20 finalists? Is this thing going on forever?

Get Philly out of there.

Thank goodness. The hipsters are already invading at a pretty steady rate.

Charlotte traffic sucks too. Poor road infrastructure

Yeah I split time between Charlotte and Atlanta and there is no noticeable difference in traffic, except Charlotte is getting worse imo

Back