• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ NC State Game Thread

I’m not sure how anyone can defend Manning as a good coach. Good recruiter maybe, good at developing big men maybe, not a good coach. Teams with good coaching don’t make the same dumb mistakes we make.

Like most others, the game was there for the winning. But too many mental mistakes, including being unable to hit free throws. Where the hell has Woods gone?

Well he was injured on the bench for awhile. But I agree he doesn’t play nearly enough minutes.

And Crawford comes up empty again on a layup in the final minutes. Unreal. Hard to believe how anti clutch we can be at times.

Lay-up wouldn't matter if our coach had a lick of ability during the other 38 minutes of the game,

I see per the Google that we had a 5 point lead at HT. That's nice.

A 4 minute scoring drought at end of the game has become too common, but still unreal.

Danny outcoached again

I don't think this is true. He didn't miss free throws, he didn't fail to get the ball across court in time, he didn't fumble away loose balls. He's not a good in game coach, but this one isn't on him.

damn tough stretch. missed layup, forced 3 way to early and then dumb foul.

Tied at 63 with the ball and we give up a 9/10 sec call. No reason to be screwing around in the back court and giving the refs a chance to make that call.

I’m not sure how anyone can defend Manning as a good coach. Good recruiter maybe, good at developing big men maybe, not a good coach. Teams with good coaching don’t make the same dumb mistakes we make.

This. Our ceiling is very low with him

How does anybody think he is a good recruiter when the team on the court are all his recruits?

Back