• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Late game collapses

served a lot around here, especially by people who have nothing better
Girls Raised In The South

Now who had that poster on their walls as a child? t-shirt or bumper sticker acceptable too.

Yet another late game collapse. And Crawford played a huge role in it again.

Yet another late game collapse. And Crawford played a huge role in it again.
The longer it goes on the likelihood it is shaving points drops down exponentially. But you already knew that because you are a super smart top 100 douc... lawyer. Top 100 lawyer.

Reminds me of the Odom formula - no lead was safe unless it was > 10 times the number of minutes remaining, plus 10.

It baffles me to see people continue to take shots at Odom but after the last 10+ seasons some likely can't remember what a well coached basketball team looks like.

It baffles me to see people continue to take shots at Odom but after the last 10+ seasons some likely can't remember what a well coached basketball team looks like.
Hell, forget well coached...there are Wake grads who have graduated high school, finished Wake, gotten married and had a kid or two since Wake last had a basketball season to be excited about.

Last edited:

Odom did a lot for WF basketball and I liked him as a coach, but his teams did have several epic 2nd half collapses.

Strange how Crawford keeps costing us close games and causing us to lose on the spread as well.

The long 3 point shot by BC with 18 seconds left on the shot clock with 1:30 left vs Clemson was one of the worst shots ever. DM didn’t call a TO earlier in the possession or when the offense failed to get in position for a good shot during the first 12 seconds, then BC then threw up a brick from outside NBA 3 point range. That’s why we keep losing close games- there is no intelligence or leadership coming from either DM or our junior PG.

The long 3 point shot by BC with 18 seconds left on the shot clock with 1:30 left vs Clemson was one of the worst shots ever. DM didn’t call a TO earlier in the possession or when the offense failed to get in position for a good shot during the first 12 seconds, then BC then threw up a brick from outside NBA 3 point range. That’s why we keep losing close games- there is no intelligence or leadership coming from either DM or our junior PG.

DM can't call a timeout during the game when the ball is live.

DM can't call a timeout during the game when the ball is live.

if only there were some magical way for him to communicate with a player on the floor, 5 feet away from him, to call a timeout

oh well, no sense worrying about that

cue the response that none of the players are within 5 feet of him

if only there were some magical way for him to communicate with a player on the floor, 5 feet away from him, to call a timeout

oh well, no sense worrying about that

Wow. That's revolutionary. You should be a coach!!

I don't remember the offense being in poor position, I remember Bryant way outside the three point line looking like he was about to run something then jacking a three. But Manning!!

Back