• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why do so many Wake basketball players fade with experience?

DeacDoug

Reaction score
I think the latest example is Brandon Crawford. He was great as a soph and seemingly a decent pro prospect; now it looks like he'll be back for his senior year.

I attribute the regression to the pressure of playing in the ACC against some of the best, if not the best, competition in the country. It is easy for 3 and 4 star players to lose confidence playing against the opposition's 4 and 5 star players. Nothing like having a Spalding (or whichever company presently manufactures the college ball) swatted back in your face. I remember having it done to me by no star players. I welcome other views.

I think the latest example is Brandon Crawford. He was great as a soph and seemingly a decent pro prospect; now it looks like he'll be back for his senior year.

I attribute the regression to the pressure of playing in the ACC against some of the best, if not the best, competition in the country. It is easy for 3 and 4 star players to lose confidence playing against the opposition's 4 and 5 star players. Nothing like having a Spalding (or whichever company presently manufactures the college ball) swatted back in your face. I remember having it done to me by no star players. I welcome other views.

It goes both ways, and that's the way it is for all college programs. Recently, Collins got a lot better, Doral has improved significantly, Donovan Mitchell has improved, and Sarr seems to get better each game.

Brandon Crawford, eh? Sounds like a questionable character.

Craw's #s :

PPG - the same
FG% - down 4%
3% - up from 34.6% to 35.2%
FT% - up 9.2%
Reb - -.8
Assists - -.8
Steals +.3
TOs- up .8

He hasn't had as good a year as last year, but his surrounding talent is way down.

Brandon Crawford is gonna be some kind of player. Just give him time.

Maybe. I’m hyped about Bryant Childress. Great decision maker. Clutch shooter. Finishes at the rim.

Brandon Crawford ?

Good reason for the 23 post rule.

Back