• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at the Barn

Since it was a WSSU event, he's like black. All blacks must be criminals...RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTT

Hard to imagine that the murderer was a WSSU student - if that was the case, I would presume there are at least dozens of people that could identify the murderer and there would have been an arrest warrant issued that same night.

Also hard to imagine you bothered glancing at the data showing that most murderers have criminal records and many already have convictions for violent felonies.

Easy to believe the party hosts let somebody attend that shouldn't have been there. The murder gives that one away.

If you like to play out your racism fantasies, knock yourself out. But God help the rest of us if we can't ask questions about why a student was murdered on the Wake Forest campus.

Sad event all the way around and completely avoidable - like most of these events. I’ll be surprised if the killer is a convicted felon.

Why would that surprise you?

My impression has been that the shooter is likely a student (this certainly could be wrong), and I don't think felons can enroll at WSSU or Wake.

Since it was a WSSU event, he's like black. All blacks must be criminals...RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTT
Well he murdered someone, so therefore he is a criminal. I don’t think this has much to do with skin color, and we have no idea the race of the shooter. You are the one assuming that the shooter was black which is kinda racist.

Well he murdered someone, so therefore he is a criminal. I don’t think this has much to do with skin color, and we have no idea the race of the shooter. You are the one assuming that the shooter was black which is kinda racist.

It’s not racist to assume someone at a DST function was black. That’s a reasonable guess.

And again, someone was saying the shooter was a convicted felon. That’s much different than saying someone who shot someone is a criminal.

We don’t know anything about this except the location, event, and victim. Could be any number of explanations.

He said he saw one student who had been at the party telling some of the cafeteria workers how crazy and scary the situation was.

“Then suddenly another Pit (cafeteria) worker came up from around the corner and embraced the student,” Watkins said. “He must have known her, and as they hugged the other worker said, ‘She was there last night, man. She was there. Thank God.’”

Is it normal for university employees to attend on campus parties/functions? Seems a bit odd.

The party was for black sororities. An overwhelming portion of people there were black. It's about logic not racism.

If the party was for KAs and Kappa Sigs of my era, I'd say the person who committed a crime was white.

But keep deluding yourself.

My impression has been that the shooter is likely a student (this certainly could be wrong), and I don't think felons can enroll at WSSU or Wake.

wrong.jpg

Why would that surprise you?

Because I assume that the shooter is college aged and I doubt a lot of people that age are convicted felons. Of course the fact that they killed someone cuts the opposite direction as far as it’s more likely than the average person that they’ve committed some crimes in the past.

And again, someone was saying the shooter was a convicted felon. That’s much different than saying someone who shot someone is a criminal.

Seriously, who said that?

"Someone" said, "I have a nagging suspicion the shooter didn't have a concealed carry permit, was probably consuming alcohol, and there is a pretty good chance he was a convicted felon."
The first statement is a near certainty, the second a probability, and the third is a "pretty good chance." That's different than saying the murder "was a convicted felon."

Not if you look at the relevant statistics. Reasonable inference isn't racist.

Seriously, who said that?

"Someone" said, "I have a nagging suspicion the shooter didn't have a concealed carry permit, was probably consuming alcohol, and there is a pretty good chance he was a convicted felon."
The first statement is a near certainty, the second a probability, and the third is a "pretty good chance." That's different than saying the murder "was a convicted felon."

"Pretty good chance" is a stretch in itself for a shooting at a college party.

Have there been any published description of the suspected shooter? I haven't seen one, even though I see plenty for those who rob local convenience stores.

I can’t think of a college shooting that has gone 3 days without a suspect.

It sounds like this is being investigated by the guys who worked on the Biggie and Tupac cases.

If the kid (assuming shooter is a kid) is carrying a gun, wouldn’t he/she most likely use it?

Bringing a gun to a party speaks for itself.

Was the young man shot inside of the barn? Is it possible some trouble occurred outside? Maybe kids who didn’t belong at the party were after someone or drove on campus to sell drugs to someone and a conflict occurred outside? Is the barn near a parking lot? I thought Najee Ali Baker was found laying outside in the snow.

Plenty of people bring guns plenty of places.

Back