• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at the Barn

Some one being murdered on campus is sad and insane.

Are there really guardhouses and police checks before you can drive on campus these days? Hard to believe. Have things changed this much? When I was a student, many people did not lock their doors, day or night, unless they were leaving for the weekend or some break. No one ever locked the suite doors, and classrooms were kept open all night, if anyone wanted to go there to study. Part of the beauty of a college campus was that it was such an open place with virtually unlimited access for anyone and everyone. Hell, the local chapter of the Black Panthers was on campus regularly, distributing literature and soliciting contributions, and no one tried to stop them. Parking tickets and the occasional acting up drunk were the biggest problem.

The entrance checkpoints went up around 1997 - they aren't very new.

I used to mug people on campus all the time. It's how I paid for school.

do what now?

Yeah I don’t get that either. Liberals are much more in favor of convicting and sentencing people who shoot and kill people than conservatives are. Conservatives are more about justifying gun violence with “stand your ground” and such.

Again, the gatehouses aren’t active until a certain time at night. I think it was 10pm when I was on campus (05-11). They also completely close the entrance off Polo/Long.

Jeese this kid had multiple guns charges and his own traphouse by 16?!

Again, the gatehouses aren’t active until a certain time at night. I think it was 10pm when I was on campus (05-11). They also completely close the entrance off Polo/Long.

This is still true.

Locks on suites and gates at the entrances all started in 1993-1994 after a Wake student was assaulted by some non-students while asleep in his dorm room in Taylor.

I continue to be surprised this didn’t get national coverage.

College shootings tend to make national news.

College shootings tend to make national news.
Says who? Again, there is nothing newsworthy here for anyone outside of northwestern NC or not affiliated with WSSU or Wake Forest. Sad but true.
It wasn't specifically mentioned, but it did show up as a dot on the NBC map of school related shootings during the coverage of the KY shooting.

Back