• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is the greatest living film director?

Who is the greatest living director?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OSCAR-NOMINATED Jordan Peele. Suck it racists.

Jordan Peele completely pussed out at the end of the movie. How can you not end it with Chris going to jail?

Ruined the movie for me. I was on the edge of my seat with a pit in my stomach waiting for it to happen but then he goes with...whatever.

Interesting topic. Based on continued relevance, career longevity, and overall directorial filmography (both quantity and quality), I think it is between Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg.

Somewhat related, but I was amazed to learn of the career of the late actor John Cazale (1935–1978). He appeared in five full-length feature films while alive, plus a sixth using archival footage. Every feature film in which he appeared was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture. Those five films, spanning a period of six years, were: The Godfather, The Conversation, The Godfather Part II, Dog Day Afternoon, and The Deer Hunter. He appeared in archival footage in The Godfather Part III, also nominated for Best Picture." Meryl Streep lived with him for three years until his death from lung cancer in March 1978.

Jordan Peele completely pussed out at the end of the movie. How can you not end it with Chris going to jail?

Ruined the movie for me. I was on the edge of my seat with a pit in my stomach waiting for it to happen but then he goes with...whatever.

pretty bad take here

He appeared in five full-length feature films while alive, plus a sixth using archival footage. Every feature film in which he appeared was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture...

Frank Saul played in the NBA for only 6 seasons, played for 2 different teams, only averaged 5 points a game, and won 4 championships.

Keep an eye on Asghar Farhadi, if he continues to work at his current level I would easily put him on this list. A Separation is one of my all-time favorites, and The Past and The Salesman are both very good.

Keep an eye on Asghar Farhadi, if he continues to work at his current level I would easily put him on this list. A Separation is one of my all-time favorites, and The Past and The Salesman are both very good.

About Elly is great as well.

Just seeing this but I totally agree. It's understandable why he ended it how he did for commercial and RottenTomatoes reasons, but his alternate ending should have been the real ending to the movie.

Just seeing this but I totally agree. It's understandable why he ended it how he did for commercial and RottenTomatoes reasons, but his alternate ending should have been the real ending to the movie.

Commercial and RottenTomatoes reasons are not typically aligned. I completely expected him to get shot by a police officer, which would have been a the totally predictable ending, and I am glad it didn't go that way and subverted expectation once again. Plus, who is to say he doesn't ultimately go to jail anyway?

Everyone in the poll's best work is loooooooooooong behind them, except maybe Nolan and PTA.

The best working right now are Inarritu and Villeneuve.

Back