• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Go

Deacsbravesdawgsetc
Reaction score
Early casting going on for Season 2.

Natalie Dormer of the Tudors will play Margarey Tyrell.

Last edited:
Rickman ehhhhh, not sure if that works for me.

Rufus Sewell sounds better.

Not to derail, but is anyone else really annoyed by Catelyn Stark's casting in the show? In the books I thought she was pretty badass, and is portrayed as much prettier although tempered by hard times. The show she just seems.. annoying. Granted I'm only 3 episodes in after finishing the first two books, but I don't like her casting choice at all.

Yeah, she's pretty much teh only casting choice I rly dislike.

I'm not sure if it is the casting or the writing, but she does seem 'off' versus the books, though I don't quite agree with that assessment. I think she's pretty badass in the show so far, and in the books I found her to be mostly insufferable.

The only pure casting choice I have real issues with (and I know this will be unpopular) is Aiden Gillen as Littlefinger. Loved him in The Wire, but I'm not quite buying him as LF. Too understated perhaps--can't quite put my finger on it.

My favorite casting thus far has been Conleth Hill as Varys. He's just knocking out of the park so far.

Oh and I love Rickman, but not as Stannis. Throw my hat in for Sewell as well.

I'm not sure if it is the casting or the writing, but she does seem 'off' versus the books, though I don't quite agree with that assessment. I think she's pretty badass in the show so far,

Haven't read the books, but I did really like the scene where she said "They still have your sisters. We have to get the girls back. And then we will...kill...them...all."

No doubt she's a good actress but I was expecting a better looking older woman.

I was expecting a better looking older woman.

Not really related, but the female lead from The Killing was on Jimmy Fallon a couple of weeks ago and actually looked pretty hot. They intentionally made her look like crap.

If the book implied Ned's wife was hot, that sucks that they cast who they did (Michelle Fairley). Can't find any good pictures of her.

Not to derail, but is anyone else really annoyed by Catelyn Stark's casting in the show? In the books I thought she was pretty badass, and is portrayed as much prettier although tempered by hard times. The show she just seems.. annoying. Granted I'm only 3 episodes in after finishing the first two books, but I don't like her casting choice at all.

Completely agree; this is the only casting job I hate so far, when most have been homeruns. Cat's supposed to be around mid-30s and though not on Dany/Cersei level, still one of the more attractive noblewomen around. Even aside from the physical reversal, she bothers me even more in the show than she did in the books. Not one of my favorites, but at least in the books she had a stronger and more respectable presence. Books had her as the one initially pushing Ned to accept the role of Hand for the betterment of their house and the realm, whereas the show has her pleading for him not to leave her; don't think her vitriol towards Jon was really fully captured on the show either, more simmering than boiling.

while she was mid 30s in the book, many/most of the characters in the show were made older, so perhaps thats one reason she has aged a bit.

The only pure casting choice I have real issues with (and I know this will be unpopular) is Aiden Gillen as Littlefinger.

Actually agree with this as well. He seems more douchey than kind of sneakily sinnister is the only way I can think to put it.

Disagree about Tyrion casting though, I think he acts the part extremely well. Although in the book Tyrion was supposed to be very ugly, while the show version is, as midgets go, a pretty good looking dude (no homo). Don't mind the choice though.

I always thought of Catelyn as being older in the books than she actually was, but maybe that was just my reading. I know she isn't actually supposed to be, but the way she acted made me feel like she was older than Cersai and Selyne (or whatever Stannis' wife's name is).

Actually agree with this as well. He seems more douchey than kind of sneakily sinnister is the only way I can think to put it.

Disagree about Tyrion casting though, I think he acts the part extremely well. Although in the book Tyrion was supposed to be very ugly, while the show version is, as midgets go, a pretty good looking dude (no homo). Don't mind the choice though.

Wait, someone dislikes Dinklage as Tyrion? How is that possible?

I'll agree to an extent that something about Aidan is slightly off from how I viewed Littlefinger, a bit more sneering than irreverent. But, not enough to bother me too much, and it works well in the new scenes with him and Varys that are absolute gold.

Disagree about Tyrion casting though, I think he acts the part extremely well. Although in the book Tyrion was supposed to be very ugly, while the show version is, as midgets go, a pretty good looking dude. Don't mind the choice though.

Nah, it's pretty normal to comment on the internet on how hot male midgets are. :h34rt:

Last edited:
Back