• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

My mom was such a huuuuuuuuge fan of the show I thought she’d be pumped for this but she hated the ending so much she may be entirely out on this one which seems crazy to me

Yeah this is pretty much where I am. The last season was just so incredibad.

Worst part was HBO was like take all the time you need. Need another season? More eps? And they were like nah 7 eps should do it.

Game of Thrones Season FIVE (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

I was a HUGE GoT fan. Read the books, watched the show, even went to a few conventions.

That said, Martin’s inability to finish the series, or even produce the penultimate book over the last 11 years has completely derailed my interest. He’s kind of notorious for not finishing things. If he doesn’t care enough to see it through, then why should I?

All THAT said…I’m probably going to read “Fire and Blood” and watch this damn show. I am the problem.

Last edited:
I was a HUGE GoT fan. Read the books, watched the show, even went to a few conventions.

That said, Martin’s inability to finish the series, or even produce the penultimate book over the last 11 years has completely derailed my interest. He’s kind of notorious for not finishing things. If he doesn’t care enough to see it through, then why should I?

All THAT said…I’m probably going to read “Fire and Blood” and watch this damn show. I am the problem.

No spoilers, but Valyrian Skin Worms

We all agree that Brandon Sanderson should just get to finish the series with then chicken bones finally succeed in taking out GRRM, right?

One of the authors of The Expanse series used to fetch coffee for GRRM, so I'd also trust the combo known as James S.A. Corey or Sanderson to wrap it up. Hell, at this point, I'd let Stephen King or John Grisham churn something out.

I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the writer from Elden Ring.

Can't edit. That's an elden ring joke that seams harsh upon reread.

This is a terrrrrrrrible idea. But it is also one of 7 series in pre-production there is a chance that it wont come into existance.

They don’t need sequels. They need to have a final season worthy of the series. Doesn’t make sense to rush through a final season to then go back and make sequels.

They should make the sequel just Jon recollecting on what happened and it’s no rushed scenes from the events of the final season

It was a good start. Luckily this story has an ending already written out and the showrunners don't have to rush through it an attempt to go do Star Wars, which they didn't even get to do.

Since this isnt broken up into books like GOT, I am really interested how they are going to break this up in different seasons. My hope is that they the continue to stay true to the story, but we shall see.

there was a lot of anticipation for the show and i don't think it lived up to the hype. the plot is laid out for you in the first episode, but unlike GOT there is not really a character you really can pull for in the story. Tyrion brought a lot to GOT, a lovable loser with a great storyline like a rollercoaster of epic ups and downs. all characters are one note...but it was just the first episode. we will keep watching...

my $0.02

I thought it was pretty good. It brought back the original thrones vibes albeit with a whole new cast. I think it has some solid potential and has me excited for the next episode. Which is a big indicator to me of how much I liked it.

Maybe I'm just thrones starved, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Back