• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford

One thing that has created a lot of problems for Bryant this year was not having an Austin Arians on his squad. We needed a guy out there who had decent size, good hands and didn't panic with ball. A guy who could do a give and go with Bryant. This doesn't sound like much, but it could have been the difference in several close games.

I was hoping Chaundee would be that guy. This is partially on Chaundee but also on Danny in not putting him out there to make mistakes and learn. Chaundee was caught between being afraid to make mistakes and then trying too hard. That's what most frosh do. Danny should have known this was going to be a bad season and left Chaundee out there for 25 mpg.

Realistically, this team was not likely to be .500 overall or get more than 6 ACC wins, but we should have been better than we have been.

Yep, let's talk about ONE bad shot rather than keeping us in the game for 38 minutes. Typical OGB reaction.

This. Like one bad shot is the reason why we gave up 90 points. Craw at least kept us in the game. Without him it’s an embarrassing blowout.

This. Like one bad shot is the reason why we gave up 90 points. Craw at least kept us in the game. Without him it’s an embarrassing blowout.
The problem is that it is about the 20th time we have been here.

Kinda with RJ on this one. We'd probably be ranked about #130-#140 without Crawford in comparison to the #88 we are with him. Not nearly enough offensive talent on this roster outside of Crawford, Doral, and Woods. And Crawford is the only one on the team who can consistently create his own shot.

And he creates a lot of them. He played like shit for a long stretch before playing very well the last 2 games. He is very talented athlete but he took another crazy shot at crunch time. Nothing wrong with pointing out the obvious.

I feel like it is pretty shitty to blame the player here. If he is still making bad shot selection decisions 2/3rds of the way through his senior season, either the coaches aren't teaching him about shot selection or he isn't listening, in which case they should bench him until he gets the message.

He's not a senior and virtually every high volume shooter takes bad shots. Craw doesn't take anywhere near as many as are alleged here.

He's not a senior and virtually every high volume shooter takes bad shots. Craw doesn't take anywhere near as many as are alleged here.

Sorry, I meant Junior.. I said Junior in my head, but typed junior in my haste...you know how hasty typos go though.

But the point is the same...If an upper class-man player is still taking "bad shots" it is not a problem with the player, it is a problem with the coach. He needs to be taught to value the ball and each possession, especially at the end of winnable games, if he is not doing that 2/3rds of the way though his Junior year, I believe the coaching is ineffective.

Many of those shots are because everyone else puts themselves into witness protection. Bad shots is with the player. No coach tells a player to take bad shots. No coach sets up such plays.

24vt5l.jpg

Back