• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXVIII: DEACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Risc will be talked about years from now.

she is actually fucking unhinged

I wish I hadn't taken her at her word and deleted that first batshit crazy post that she had asked everyone who quoted it to delete

I'm 98% with finalizing my new setup. Vizio 70" Ultra 4k Smart mounted to the wall over a cabinet below it. Vizio 28 inch 2.1 soundbar with subwoofer, 4k Ultra HD blu ray disc player, PS4, Switch, cable box, and all cords fed through the wall to the TV above and down through the cabinet for power. Just need to replace the wall covers tonight. Wife left to go out of town for the rest of the week yesterday. I threw Terminator 2 on in 4k on full volume last night. That's how I party. Trying to decide if it's gonna be The Matrix or one of the Nolan Batmans tonight, or maybe some Mario Odyssey.

I'm 98% with finalizing my new setup. Vizio 70" Ultra 4k Smart mounted to the wall over a cabinet below it. Vizio 28 inch 2.1 soundbar with subwoofer, 4k Ultra HD blu ray disc player, PS4, Switch, cable box, and all cords fed through the wall to the TV above and down through the cabinet for power. Just need to replace the wall covers tonight. Wife left to go out of town for the rest of the week yesterday. I threw Terminator 2 on in 4k on full volume last night. That's how I party. Trying to decide if it's gonna be The Matrix or one of the Nolan Batmans tonight, or maybe some Mario Odyssey.

Sounds like you need to hear 3 hours of full volume Inception-noise to me.

Can I hire you to come handle my set-up? I am only partially kidding.

she is actually fucking unhinged

I wish I hadn't taken her at her word and deleted that first batshit crazy post that she had asked everyone who quoted it to delete

Go back to your mafia games. Or you wanna start posting private PMs again?

It's refreshing to see you're cool with marrying such a beta cuck. ;)

Nooooo. I went to a community college while working as a waitress and in an office.

And I put two through wake forest! Not too shabby for a dunce!

I like it here. Im gettin a bigly edjacasion.

Also, I need an explanation of 4K Ultra. Like I said, I used to be up on this stuff, but it's been several years since I bought my last TV.

Also, I need an explanation of 4K Ultra. Like I said, I used to be up on this stuff, but it's been several years since I bought my last TV.

4K and Ultra HD are the same thing.

Finally seeing more 4K content out there. Both Netflix and Amazon will stream some of their stuff in 4K.

Ah. Yeah, Wife has been killing me to wall mount our TV for a while, but I resisted because I had no idea what to do with all the other stuff (receiver, speakers, blu-ray, modem) and we knew we were moving sometime in the foreseeable future. But now we are in fact moving, so in the new house I'm going to have to figure out this shit.

4K and Ultra HD are the same thing.

Finally seeing more 4K content out there. Both Netflix and Amazon will stream some of their stuff in 4K.

Is 4K actually like a noticeable improvement for folks watching on a normal-sized TV at a normal viewing distance, or is this like the mostly imperceptible difference between 720p and 1080p?

Is 4K actually like a noticeable improvement for folks watching on a normal-sized TV at a normal viewing distance, or is this like the mostly imperceptible difference between 720p and 1080p?

its' noticeable - but not much is broadcast in 4k right now

Ah. Yeah, Wife has been killing me to wall mount our TV for a while, but I resisted because I had no idea what to do with all the other stuff (receiver, speakers, blu-ray, modem) and we knew we were moving sometime in the foreseeable future. But now we are in fact moving, so in the new house I'm going to have to figure out this shit.

Don't mess this up. I mounted a TV above the fireplace (looks sick AF), but I have my cable box on the mantel above the fireplace. She freaks out about that. :noidea how to fix it. Wall mounted TVs are the shit though, welcome to 2010.

These days, you gotta pay people to take those big ass TVs off your hands. Perhaps I will offer benefits to El Chupe for his assistance.

I'd offer to help in exchange for the hand me down when you upgrade, but I don't think your tv would even fit in my house and would probably melt my eyeballs. Although, I could probably cut down on heating bills by just keeping it on during the winter months.

What do you do if the studs above the mantle/fireplace are not centered in the wall, and you want the TV to be flush against the wall and not sticking out with the mount? I ended up just mounting it non-centered and putting a decorative thing in the empty space to make it look less dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back