• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXVIII: DEACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much is a fence setting you back? I have to put one in at the new place too.

We went Cedar picket privacy fence (6ft max W-S allows I think without a permit) and it set us back about $30/foot all in (with zero work from us). Would have been more around $20/foot for pine, but then we'd have to pay to have it finished (I think).

Our house is on a kind of weird lot (driveway is in back) so it's basically built down one side of the house and up to the driveway. Not the biggest width wise, but a pretty good dog run with plenty of space for a fire pit and yard games like Kan Jam.

So, the office admin has taken it upon herself to invite us all to decorate for Valentines Day, in addition to the decorations that she's put up to celebrate both Valentine's Day AND the Year of the Dog (Chinese New Year). There are construction paper hearts everywhere, and big pieces of red/pink paper for us to make 'mailboxes' for valentine distribution. The best is probably the big paper printout of the Chinese character for 'dog' because somehow that is supposed to be an appropriate way of celebrating the year of the dog.

The office looks like a damn daycare. My stepdaughter's 2nd grade classroom has more refined decorations/art. All the higher-ups kind of laugh and then head to their offices (where they can shut it all out), but I'm out here among it and dammit it makes me cringe to be considered part of it. Ranting here because there is no HR policy against this and I have nothing I can do but wallow.

So, the office admin has taken it upon herself to invite us all to decorate for Valentines Day, in addition to the decorations that she's put up to celebrate both Valentine's Day AND the Year of the Dog (Chinese New Year). There are construction paper hearts everywhere, and big pieces of red/pink paper for us to make 'mailboxes' for valentine distribution. The best is probably the big paper printout of the Chinese character for 'dog' because somehow that is supposed to be an appropriate way of celebrating the year of the dog.

The office looks like a damn daycare. My stepdaughter's 2nd grade classroom has more refined decorations/art. All the higher-ups kind of laugh and then head to their offices (where they can shut it all out), but I'm out here among it and dammit it makes me cringe to be considered part of it. Ranting here because there is no HR policy against this and I have nothing I can do but wallow.

seems like her time spent on this is a good use of government money

Just think of how empty the rest of her life must be to put all that effort and time into decorating the office space. Turn that annoyance into pity.

Just think of how empty the rest of her life must be to put all that effort and time into decorating the office space. Turn that annoyance into pity.

Yeah, man. This is probably her favorite part of her job. Just let her have this one, Leebs.

nah, that's dumb. when she quits or gets fired and they hire a useful admin, everyone will be like "wow, we could've had this before?"

yeah but that's a parody account; at least deacinpoland appears to be just a regular-rube type troll. biff doesn't seem to have the attention span to do the long con

I'm playing email catchup, so please remind me where you netted out in terms of integrating your updates in the wheel format

ugh, corporate speak

he was logged in 2 days ago. either that or I hacked his account and logged in as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back