• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXVIII: DEACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you watch, it'll never pop.

oh my god this was a popcorn joke and i didn't get it

giphy.gif

Ticket adjudication question.

We have a stop sign camera right by our house. We are very aware of it, and (I thought) always stopped fully at the intersection in question.

Got a ticket in the mail the other day for an infraction earlier this month at this intersection. There are two photos included on the letter. One shows our car just prior to the intersection (nearly up to the crosswalk) with a time stamp of 11:50:40.4. The second picture shows us in the middle of the intersection with a time stamp of 11:50:44.4.

Is it just me, or is 4 seconds plenty of time to come to a complete stop and then enter the intersection?

I tried to submit a denial online (although haven't gotten email confirmation yet that it was received). And am assuming we'll end up having to pay since no one ever seems to win adjudication around here. And my only "proof" of denial is the two pictures that they are using to issue the ticket.

there is almost always video accompanying the pictures

there is almost always video accompanying the pictures

They definitely have video.

I just contested a speeding camera ticket because they provided no proof that I was the one driving the car (I wasn't). I'm sure it will be denied in a year or so.

They definitely have video.

I just contested a speeding camera ticket because they provided no proof that I was the one driving the car (I wasn't). I'm sure it will be denied in a year or so.

Yeah, I see the info now about how to view the video. Trying to access it now although it is not loading.

This particular ticket says "Under District law, the registered owner of a vehicle is liable for payment of the fine for violations recorded using an automated traffic enforcement system." So I guess if you have to pay you can get whoever was driving your car to pay you back?

Zipcar once emailed me a speed camera violation they got while I was driving one of their cars. I had to pay back Zipcar as they had to pay the ticket.

So I got a promotion and yet I'm the only one who knows I got a promotion and we just sent like an office wide email out announcing the promotions and linking to a newspaper article announcing the promotions but I kinda am cool cause I get the extra week of vacay which is what I really wanted and now its def awk to be like "oh yea, I'm promoted too"

Think Imma let this one slide

So I got a promotion and yet I'm the only one who knows I got a promotion and we just sent like an office wide email out announcing the promotions and linking to a newspaper article announcing the promotions but I kinda am cool cause I get the extra week of vacay which is what I really wanted and now its def awk to be like "oh yea, I'm promoted too"

so...not promoted then

Yeah, I see the info now about how to view the video. Trying to access it now although it is not loading.

This particular ticket says "Under District law, the registered owner of a vehicle is liable for payment of the fine for violations recorded using an automated traffic enforcement system." So I guess if you have to pay you can get whoever was driving your car to pay you back?

Yeah - I think that line is bullshit. It's not illegal to own a car that is caught speeding. It's only illegal to operate a car about the speed limit. They offered no proof to indicate who was operating it.

Lawyer friends have used that same reasoning to challenge their tickets.

it's kinda like hiring a topless maid that keeps her shirt on but you still get the cleaning services so it's not a total loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back