• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXVIII: DEACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
my freshman roommate at Wake kept talking up this soda he could only get at home in Maryland and was gonna get his mom to send it to him. that soda? Fresca, as he finally revealed to me. available in every grocery store in Winston.

The real good stuff is the black cherry fresca, but I haven't seen that in NC in ages. Used to go through a 12 pack of that every 3-4 days in undergrad.

Just had some Richard Spencer-looking motherfucker walking around our library taking pictures, so if I get bombed later it was nice knowing you all.

two questions:

1) is photographing public places a justified reason for a quick "hey, just wondering what you're doing taking random pics of the library"

2) do we always have to wish transfers "all the best"

We have a policy that you can't take pictures without permission from our Library Communications office, so he was asked to stop, then was caught a little later taking more pictures and left. It was a little sketchy but probably fine. I don't know generally, though -- a lot of times people come up and ask. Probably some racial profiling on my part, too.

i mean, some libraries shield the books on the reserved shelf for privacy reasons. i can imagine random photography without permission would make patrons uncomfortable, even before considering the pictures being for nefarious purposes.

Just had some Richard Spencer-looking motherfucker walking around our library taking pictures, so if I get bombed later it was nice knowing you all.

You can't take pictures of a library? This is at UNC right?

BREAKING: DISTURBING FAR-LEFT librarian TRAMPLES conservative student's free speech rights, INSULTS student ONLINE - UNIVERSITY SILENT

That seems like an...interesting policy. I understand the rationale for it to some degree though.

Oh it's definitely over the top and reactionary to some less-than-stellar pub the library has gotten due to some student paper stories/profiles. The identity part I get. Also, we're not patrolling around trying to crack down on it, but this dude was standing in front of our staff area for 3 minutes just taking pictures. It was weird.

Oh it's definitely over the top and reactionary to some less-than-stellar pub the library has gotten due to some student paper stories/profiles. The identity part I get. Also, we're not patrolling around trying to crack down on it, but this dude was standing in front of our staff area for 3 minutes just taking pictures. It was weird.

maybe he runs @JustLibraryStaffAreaShots on Insta

hm, i just got a link to a cool music video; maybe do your Cltrl-C again and fix the post?

This is definitely connected to the khakis and navy blazer Wake Forest Review-looking motherfucker asking us yesterday if he could check out the plans of the library. OH SHIT, I've uncovered a conspiracy to bomb this joint. I'm going to lunch. It can all burn.

You know that when someone takes your picture they steal part of your soul, don't you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back