• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXVIII: DEACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Trying to your account(s) without permission is hacking. He just failed this time.

"use a computer to gain unauthorized access to data in a system.
"they hacked into the bank's computer"

Last edited:
Neither of my student assistants showed up this morning, confirming my theory that all undergraduates these days suck. I guess I win that round against Ph. DePheated!

A few years ago, I went on this random Tinder date with a woman in Boston. I had semi-recently been dumped, and an old flame of mine who lives up there was busy or something, so I fired up the old phone to see what kind of trouble I could get into while I was at my aunt's apartment alone while she was at her guy friend's in New Hampshire. I started chatting with a young woman who was a student at Tufts. She wasn't attractive at all, but I think her profile said something about cool music or drugs, so I figured what the hell. She lived with her boyfriend, but it was complicated -- maybe he had been threatening to self-harm or something? it is all kind of hazy at this point. She was working at a shoe store in Harvard Square and had an identical twin with whom I also matched, who was somehow cuter, but her sister said was a little straight-laced. It was sketchy, but I was bored and horny.

We met at a bar in Cambridge, and after a couple of cocktails she was like "hey, want some of this pot cookie, it's gluten-free," and of course I accepted. That thing was potent. The rest of the evening is a blur, but we wandered down the back streets of Cambridge looking for bars she said she knew, at one point pulling off into this driveway and hooking up. Stood outside a salsa bar and watched this amazing salsa dancing for a bit, and I remember having this rich, smoky, mezcal cocktail at a weird bar there that was playing cool music.

Anyway, my phone was dead and couldn't get an uber, so we had to walk back to where there were cabs waiting. On the curb outside someone's house was a cardboard box of books that they were giving away. Three titles stood out to me so much that I texted them to myself: Umberto's Circus, Black Tickets, and The Dark Design. I thought they might hold the secrets, be the code, for something, some answer I was looking for to some mystery. I should have picked them up right then, but I wasn't sure where I was going next and didn't want to lug around a few hardbacks.

I was just putting a book that had been recently returned on one of our shelving trucks, and right next to it was Black Tickets, so I was reminiscing. I checked that thing out and have requested the other two. I'm sure there is some dark magic at work here that I might be about to tap into.

I love you El Chupe.

Though you definitely should have picked up the giveaway books and written yourself some kind of sweet, stoned message on a flyleaf you could rediscover later.

Great story.

I remember you posting about that originally. I'm sure OGB could find it with the search function.

A few years ago, I went on this random Tinder date with a woman in Boston. I had semi-recently been dumped, and an old flame of mine who lives up there was busy or something, so I fired up the old phone to see what kind of trouble I could get into while I was at my aunt's apartment alone while she was at her guy friend's in New Hampshire. I started chatting with a young woman who was a student at Tufts. She wasn't attractive at all, but I think her profile said something about cool music or drugs, so I figured what the hell. She lived with her boyfriend, but it was complicated -- maybe he had been threatening to self-harm or something? it is all kind of hazy at this point. She was working at a shoe store in Harvard Square and had an identical twin with whom I also matched, who was somehow cuter, but her sister said was a little straight-laced. It was sketchy, but I was bored and horny.

We met at a bar in Cambridge, and after a couple of cocktails she was like "hey, want some of this pot cookie, it's gluten-free," and of course I accepted. That thing was potent. The rest of the evening is a blur, but we wandered down the back streets of Cambridge looking for bars she said she knew, at one point pulling off into this driveway and hooking up. Stood outside a salsa bar and watched this amazing salsa dancing for a bit, and I remember having this rich, smoky, mezcal cocktail at a weird bar there that was playing cool music.

Anyway, my phone was dead and couldn't get an uber, so we had to walk back to where there were cabs waiting. On the curb outside someone's house was a cardboard box of books that they were giving away. Three titles stood out to me so much that I texted them to myself: Umberto's Circus, Black Tickets, and The Dark Design. I thought they might hold the secrets, be the code, for something, some answer I was looking for to some mystery. I should have picked them up right then, but I wasn't sure where I was going next and didn't want to lug around a few hardbacks.

I was just putting a book that had been recently returned on one of our shelving trucks, and right next to it was Black Tickets, so I was reminiscing. I checked that thing out and have requested the other two. I'm sure there is some dark magic at work here that I might be about to tap into.

But would you have accepted the pot cookie if wasn't gluten-free?

Yeah, I'm sure that story is somewhere, as well, I was just excited to see one of the books! Found my text. Almost three years ago to the day.

24pwdxx.jpg

And I'm messing up the sequencing a bit because how could I not hail an uber but could text myself. The box of books happened earlier in the evening and then my phone died. Lots of strands. I was fucked up that night.

Damn, The Dark Design is the third book in a series. I don't know if I want to read the first two, but I guess I must if I have been chosen.

Last edited:
The Dark Design is about Satan ?

"Riverworld is an artificial environment where all humans (and pre-humans) are reconstructed. The books explore interactions of individuals from many different cultures and time periods. Its underlying theme is quasi-religious. The motivations of alien intelligences operating under ultra-ethical motives are explored."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverworld

And still the Weaver plies his loom, whose warp and woof is wretched Man

Weaving th' unpattern'd dark design, so dark we doubt it owns a plan.

Have you all talked about the Wendy's mixtape with diss tracks aimed at McDonald's and Burger King?
https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/wendys-releases-mixtape-dissing-mcdonalds

It's actually a decent quick listen. 5 songs, 10 minutes. It's on Spotify.

Some of the best lines:

Verse 2]
Now, um, the jig is up
You wanna beef with me, then really you pressed your luck
The problem is you didn’t recognize I give no clucks
So wrap it up, turn these chickens to rubber ducks
And BK, don’t think that you got away
You copied my old menu and put it out on replay

They bring it back like rebates, fresh food on ya dinner plate
You killin' me smalls, ok? Uh, I'ma say it again
Don't play with me, it ain't safe, can't always have it yo' way
So give it up like today and we won't have this again

[Verse]
Now, let me go and set the record straight
Before you speak my name, you better think and hesitate
Got nothin' to hide, we fresh on the side, but you hide from funk
That’s prolly why you go paint your face
My meals are great, people linin' up like everyday
Leave you in shame, make you run back to Cirque du Soleil
That’s cold game, but what you expect from tryna play
Won’t say no names but you a clown, get it, okay?

We're rewatching Breaking Bad for the first time - it's hard to believe the show's been done for almost five years now.

The first season ages much better than I thought it would, which has me very excited for the rest of the run.

My wife and I are binging it again as well - she hadn't seen it and I'm rewatching. It's obviously still great, but when I watched before I was doing so as it aired, and I liked having that time to sit with it each week as opposed to cranking through 4-5 episodes at a time.

Have you all talked about the Wendy's mixtape with diss tracks aimed at McDonald's and Burger King?
https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/wendys-releases-mixtape-dissing-mcdonalds

It's actually a decent quick listen. 5 songs, 10 minutes. It's on Spotify.

Some of the best lines:

Verse 2]
Now, um, the jig is up
You wanna beef with me, then really you pressed your luck
The problem is you didn’t recognize I give no clucks
So wrap it up, turn these chickens to rubber ducks
And BK, don’t think that you got away
You copied my old menu and put it out on replay

They bring it back like rebates, fresh food on ya dinner plate
You killin' me smalls, ok? Uh, I'ma say it again
Don't play with me, it ain't safe, can't always have it yo' way
So give it up like today and we won't have this again

[Verse]
Now, let me go and set the record straight
Before you speak my name, you better think and hesitate
Got nothin' to hide, we fresh on the side, but you hide from funk
That’s prolly why you go paint your face
My meals are great, people linin' up like everyday
Leave you in shame, make you run back to Cirque du Soleil
That’s cold game, but what you expect from tryna play
Won’t say no names but you a clown, get it, okay?

Brands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back