• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXVIII: DEACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you’re getting OLED, I still like plasma.

I've been completely satisfied with my Panasonic plasma, but I'm under the impression they don't make them anymore. Have a couple of Samsung LCDs that get the job done, although I think the plasma's picture is a little better.

I also have a 36-inch tube TV that weighs like 200+ pounds that we're not going to move with us, which means I gotta figure out how to carry it out of my house and to the dump. It was my first big purchase when I graduated and at the time it was awesome and I paid like $900 for it. Was a dinosaur within 3 years. LOL. But seriously, whoever wants to come to my house and help me carry it out and then drive it to the dump and unload it from my car - call me.

The only thing about the Sonos speakers throughout the house thing is that these days we have a couple of pretty cool portable, waterproof, bluetooth speakers that don't require any wires at all, so I can carry it into the shower, or kitchen, or porch, or wherever. I guess there's some appeal to being able to play your tunes simultaneously on multiple speakers in different rooms, although I doubt we would do that very often. Girl just wants to listen to this song over and over again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rYoRaxgOE0

Last edited:
Have fun with that.

When I took our old tube tv out to the dump I took the opportunity to roll with/throw it from a height and enjoyed the implosion when it landed below. Just a guy thing, maybe.

OTOH, you could try putting it on the curb—likely it will disappear quickly.

Nope. I tried that and my tv just sat there. This was after I tried to give it to goodwill and they won’t even accept tube TVs anymore.

Hmmm...ok

Looking quickly, it seems TVs are not allowed as part of bulky item pick up days AND are now banned from landfills (where i took ours in the past). Got to take it to the 3rc hazardous waste place.

Still, I have been amazed at the stuff that gets scavanged prior to bulky item pick up. So could try putting it out then just to see if someone takes it if you have the time to wait/try.

These days, you gotta pay people to take those big ass TVs off your hands. Perhaps I will offer benefits to El Chupe for his assistance.

PM wanted to invite some neighbors over for the Super Bowl and I had to explain why we could not reasonably invite people into our home to watch something on the TV, when our TV feed is supported by foil-wrapped bunny ears and the TV itself is I think 32"

PM angling to buy a new TV, i see. playing right in to his hands with that comeback

The only thing about the Sonos speakers throughout the house thing is that these days we have a couple of pretty cool portable, waterproof, bluetooth speakers that don't require any wires at all, so I can carry it into the shower, or kitchen, or porch, or wherever. I guess there's some appeal to being able to play your tunes simultaneously on multiple speakers in different rooms, although I doubt we would do that very often. Girl just wants to listen to this song over and over again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rYoRaxgOE0

that's pretty much all we do with them; i have friends with portable bluetooth speakers but i prefer the permanently placed ones for aesthetic reasons as well. it's nice to move from room to room with seamless music

PM angling to buy a new TV, i see. playing right in to his hands with that comeback

his response: I guess I know what I'm getting at Costco next trip!

(but then he laughs, because the idea of hooking a 50" 4k tv up to bunny ears is funny)
(we're not getting a new TV)

Yeah I feel like he went down the hole of I’m just trolling to going all in, it’s what addicts do.

I saw a dude at Costco who had the most Costco shopping cart. No shit, there were three items in it: a 60” TV, a big ass thing of toilet paper, and a rotisserie chicken. Just cracked me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back