• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning Is 4-32 in Road Games in the ACC

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
[name redacted]: 4-32
Manning: 3-31

Total: 5-63

I know, one thought, one thread. But that just boggles my mind every time I see it.

Last edited:
No, that kind of consistency deserves its own thread. Truly pathetic!!!!

I actually believe its the most glaring stat among all. Thats saying a lot because we have more shit stats than any team in the ACC.

It just effing kills me that Keats beats Duke and UNC in year 1 and DM has yet to beat either in year 4.

I actually believe its the most glaring stat among all. Thats saying a lot because we have more shit stats than any team in the ACC.

It just effing kills me that Keats beats Duke and UNC in year 1 and DM has yet to beat either in year 4.

Sidney Lowe did the same in year 1. However, this time it feels that NCSU is actually winning those games and not getting lucky.

All 3 of Manning's road conference wins came last year. He's O-fer in Years 1, 2, and 4. Pitt will likely be our Super Bowl.

All 3 of Manning's road conference wins came last year. He's O-fer in Years 1, 2, and 4. Pitt will likely be our Super Bowl.

Not if it's played on a Tuesday.

Yeah, the sunshine brigade preaching patience needs to read that last sentence.

[Redacted]: 2-32
Manning: 3-29

Total: 5-61

I know, one thought, one thread. But that just boggles my mind every time I see it.

well, the good news is that in home/neutral site games vs. the ACC over that span, we're 31-44 for a .413 winning percentage

Bz 16-23; Manning 15-21

wait, maybe that's not good news...

I mean, the way you win championships is to hold serve at home 41% of the time and shit the bed on the road, right?

Not to justify the results, but Dino won 6 ACC road games in three years. And we won only 7 in the four years before Bz.

Edited to add, you have to go back to ‘04-‘05 season to find more than 2 road wins.

Last edited:
I wonder in that time how many games have we had the lead under 5 mins.

[Redacted]: 2-32
Manning: 3-29

Total: 5-61

Looks like Manning is a 50% upgrade over BZ. Whoo-hoo!

Yup. It seems there are several programs that have gained momentum over the last few years such as UVA, Va. Tech, and maybe State. Just think if Jamie Dixon had stayed at Pitt. It blows my mind how bad this program has become.

Wake is going to have to fire this staff. It sucks because they're all fine guys and we want them to be successful, but Manning is not HC material, and the results this year are not acceptable. An influx of highly rated recruits isn't going to fix the glaring deficiencies we've seen again and again.

Not to justify the results, but Dino won 6 ACC road games in three years. And we won only 7 in the four years before Bz.

Edited to add, you have to go back to ‘04-‘05 season to find more than 2 road wins.

We’ve been waiting a long time to be historically competitive.

Wake is going to have to fire this staff. It sucks because they're all fine guys and we want them to be successful, but Manning is not HC material, and the results this year are not acceptable. An influx of highly rated recruits isn't going to fix the glaring deficiencies we've seen again and again.

It doesn't do any good to fire the staff until we fire the AD.

Back