• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

I think dropping a game to Lowell indicated where we stand. They blow

No basis to argue otherwise, but I think the team will improve during the season, but this improvement will come too late. Just can't lose to Navy, Santa Clara (twice), UNCG and Lowell and recover.

We had massive turnover and personnel losses to start and then when you have three players suspended on top of that that's pretty brutal

If we can pull out a good week then we can get back on track. All starts tomorrow at Coastal.

Last edited:
No basis to argue otherwise, but I think the team will improve during the season, but this improvement will come too late. Just can't lose to Navy, Santa Clara (twice), UNCG and Lowell and recover.

Kinda' reminds us of the beginning of the basketball season.

We suck. Walter should have left when he had the chance.

Will be okay. Recruiting is better. We just lost too many players and the suspensions on top of that killing this year

Are Bruce and those other dudes for sure kicked off the team for the season?

It is going to be a rough season, but the turnover and the suspension makes it easier for me to forgive a horrible start as well as what will potentially be a horrible season. Tough break for the Deacs.

Keys to tonight:

Another big outing from Griff with steady early innings so he can get us into the 7th

Early start with key hits and knocking in RISP -- Sands pitcher for Noles is good but has probably not faced quite offense Wake can product even with our young lineup

Know its cold in WS today -- but really need folks to fill the place up this weekend and it starts to night as Griff spearheads the best opportunity to steal a win in this series (Note -- really like the Peluse first game and McSweeney second of Doubleheader tomorrow -- way to switch it up and hopefully build some mojo for pitchers and team)

FSU is 13-0. The Noles have 4 pitchers with multiple starts this year. Their ERAs and BB/K ratios are:

- 0.56 3/17 (Sunday starter Austin Pollock)
- 1.06 6/26 (Saturday starter Drew Parrish)
- 1.56 3/27
- 2.25 4/22 (Friday starter Cole Sands)

Yikes. That said, Griffin Roberts (Friday starter) and Colin Peluse (Saturday starter) have the stuff to shut anyone down. Deacs are starting Morgan McSweeney on Sunday (he was the Deacs closer to start the season, but had a strong long relief outing last time out). The Deacs best chance is tonight's game Roberts v. Sands. Time for the bats to make some noise.

FSU is 13-0. The Noles have 4 pitchers with multiple starts this year. Their ERAs and BB/K ratios are:

- 0.56 3/17 (Sunday starter Austin Pollock)
- 1.06 6/26 (Saturday starter Drew Parrish)
- 1.56 3/27
- 2.25 4/22 (Friday starter Cole Sands)

Yikes. That said, Griffin Roberts (Friday starter) and Colin Peluse (Saturday starter) have the stuff to shut anyone down. Deacs are starting Morgan McSweeney on Sunday (he was the Deacs closer to start the season, but had a strong long relief outing last time out). The Deacs best chance is tonight's game Roberts v. Sands. Time for the bats to make some noise.

Small correction: McSweeney starting the second game saturday (Sunday game was moved to a double header Saturday due to weather concerns).

Alright Deacs lets get one tonight! I can see griffin pitching a gem and we get just enough offense for a 3-2 win. I’m feeling it. I have zero faith in stealing one over the weekend, so damn it lets get it done tonight fellas.

Griff has been what we call "effectively wild." Also, the kid who is like barking or something right beside the microphone needs to shut up.

Back