• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

WF’s weekend rotation is legit. Need to find a midweek starter and the bats need to mature.

As the FSU series proved, WF can beat anyone in a weekend set.

When you can hold FSU to 11 runs in 27 innings, you have done some nice work. Means you should have a good possibility for some wins every weekend.

Hopefully the weather can "break" and start to get warmer so we can get some folks out to the ballpark.

hopefully a season turning point. love getting mcsweeney into the weekend rotation.

any update on the suspended guys? would be a big boost.

We have talent. Just really ypung.

The talent is definitely there. I was surprised how good our starters looked against that FSU lineup. Some of the freshmen really struggled against breaking balls. Muntz in particular looked bad in a few at bats. But I have no doubt guys like him and Seymour will make the adjustment to ACC-level pitching.

Hopefully the weather can "break" and start to get warmer so we can get some folks out to the ballpark.

You know there's no game today, correct?

There's been some really pleasant days for games this season. Yesterday was surprisingly comfortable with no wind.

I agree let's hope for a little warmer and get some folks out, Sorensen's got these guys believing in themselves and playing great ball. The sweep yesterday was amazing.

DQ3Rx.gif

Are we talking about Sorenson the announcer?

yes it's great therapy for him to work with the kids whenever he gets a chance and amazing the influence he had on last year's baseball team, this year's football team (former high school quarterback in addition to the amazing pro baseball career), and now he's got these young freshmen baseballers believing in themselves. so happy for him and for our young kids with the bonding that's taking place.

might misspell his name occasionally but it's Lary Sorensen so might misspell either first or last name at times

Weird because he/she had a couple seemingly coherent posts recently (can't remember what thread or topic) and now he/she is back to trolling.

I know. I explicitly noticed that he/she made some real posts. They seemingly just really enjoy trolling this baseball thread based on last year. It's so weird because they obviously take the time to follow the team fairly well. It makes no sense! Serenity now!

Well, on another note, I'm excited about the series this weekend with UL but got last minute plans to go to DC so I won't be able to come to the Couch. You all go out and help them beat the Cards - I hate those guys with a passion.

Back