• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

9-11 with two series wins over top 25 teams.

4-2 in the ACC. On the road for ND and UNC next two weeks.

Deacs win. We’ve gotta find a reliable midweek starter.

We win! And hope everyone understands that Klempton is tied 3-3 with the Woofies so the genius Monty Lee might get swept this weekend after all that talk from the Klempton fans that they might have the best team in the country

Great news. After falling behind 4-3 State just tied it at 4 so still a chance to see the Klempton Monty Lee geniuses get swept!

First series win over UL since they joined the ACC.

We have some really good young talent. They have been thrown in the Calderon, but that should pay dividends down the road.

Good to see we held on today. Obviously wish our nonconf. record was better. But if we've got to sacrifice one or the other, we're doing the right thing by focusing on the ACC.

Can someone chime in on what needs to happen the rest of the season for us to make the ncaa tournament? Back to back great series wins against #3 fsu and #11 louisville. That's gotta look good on a resume. But we're 9-11 overall and have a bunch of bad losses.

doesn't get much better than this! we win the series over UL, our tennis team beats the storied USC program, the Klempton Monty Lee's go down and Carowhina gets it handed to them a couple days after UVA gets beat by the Odom's.

I love my Wake Forest Sports!

Can someone chime in on what needs to happen the rest of the season for us to make the ncaa tournament? Back to back great series wins against #3 fsu and #11 louisville. That's gotta look good on a resume. But we're 9-11 overall and have a bunch of bad losses.

I spoke with Michael Lananna from Baseball America after the game today (he was at all three games and has great short videos on his Twitter feed, if you're interested) and he maintains that what Wake does in conference will matter much more than the mid-week struggles. Obviously, Wake needs to get over .500, but those voting in polls and ultimately selecting the field understand it's your weekend starters who will be on the mound in Regional and Super Regional play.

I'd also politely encourage any true Wake baseball fan to check out our work on Demon Deacon Digest. I'd submit it would be hard to find better coverage of a college baseball team anywhere else in the country. Fun weekend.

I spoke with Michael Lananna from Baseball America after the game today (he was at all three games and has great short videos on his Twitter feed, if you're interested) and he maintains that what Wake does in conference will matter much more than the mid-week struggles. Obviously, Wake needs to get over .500, but those voting in polls and ultimately selecting the field understand it's your weekend starters who will be on the mound in Regional and Super Regional play.

I'd also politely encourage any true Wake baseball fan to check out our work on Demon Deacon Digest. I'd submit it would be hard to find better coverage of a college baseball team anywhere else in the country. Fun weekend.

Thanks Les. That's great to know. And I'll second how outstanding your coverage is of wake baseball (and all wake sports)

Thanks Les. That's great to know. And I'll second how outstanding your coverage is of wake baseball (and all wake sports)

I’ll third it. Les has fantastic coverage. Follow him on Twitter.

We should have a great crowd April 6 & 7. Duke game on Friday at 6 and spring game on Saturday at 3 followed up by Duke game at 6. We don't play the third game on Sunday because it will be on ESPNU at 7 on Monday.

I'll fourth it. Les has great coverage of the Deacs on twitter. If nothing else create a twitter account and follow wake sports, there's plenty of short videos, player interviews, and updates. Also not to discourage anyone from attending Sat or Sun games but Jesus man Roberts has some nasty stuff. Sit behind the plate and watch him pitch. A thing of beauty. Made a Louisville guy look like a 10 year old swinging Friday night.

Last edited:

It may be buried somewhere in this thread but what's the update on the guys who've been suspended. Are they done for the year?

It may be buried somewhere in this thread but what's the update on the guys who've been suspended. Are they done for the year?

No update, but the season is 1/3 over, and assuming that haven't been practicing it would be a while before they would be game ready.

Back