• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

@WakeBaseball on Twitter......

Student-athletes Chris Farish, Keegan Maronpot and Bruce Steel have been suspended indefinitely from the baseball team for a violation of Athletics Department rules.

Student-athletes Chris Farish, Keegan Maronpot and Bruce Steel have been suspended indefinitely from the baseball team for a violation of Athletics Department rules.

Well that's a big hit...

Just makes me sad for the boys...and the team. Hope there is pathway to recover from this and on to reinstatement.

Opportunities arise for others.

Beating inferior teams is a large part of building an NCAA tourney resume; hope these suspensions don't lead to losses that will comeback to haunt WF when NCAA selections are made.

This is why you have a Patrick Frick. Can play anywhere and will be counted on early on.

That sucks. Forces some other folks in heavier PT earlier than we'd probably like. Let's hope they step up!

Must have been a hell of a party

Welp, fuck us.

So they put all season? I feel like indefinitely means they fukd up big

Spoiled by success....larger hat sizes perhaps ??

Deacs and Hoyas in a scoreless tie -- end of the third.

Griffin Roberts is dealing. 3 IP 1 H 0 BB 5Ks 26 strikes in 36 pitches.

The G'town pitcher has been wild 3 walks, but the Deacs still looking for their first hit.

I looked at our roster on GameTracker and I recognize only two "starters" from last year's team: Aiello and Roberts. I didn't realize our losses were this extensive, nor that our disciplinary action cut into us so deeply. I hope we have some hitters on this team.

Second baseman Jake Mueller started and batted 2nd last year (he is batting 3rd today); catcher Logan Harvey started or DH'd last year (batting 7th today).

4 freshman in the starting lineup today: 1B Bobby Seymour, DH Shane Muntz, LF Chris Lanzilli and CF DJ Poteet.

Deacs take the lead 1-0 on a SAC fly by Lanzilli; bottom 4th.

Roberts threw 2 balls and the batter bombed the third pitch over the right field fence

Back