• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

7-2 WF.

I feel great about WF sports. The football Deacs just finished a great season with an unstoppable offense, capped by hanging 55 on Texas A&M. The soccer team was #1 for most of the year; the tennis program is marching toward an NCAA title; the baseball program is flush with cash recruiting on a very high level, and WF is not losing to a gutter baseball program like G'town.

F the glass half empty losers that try to piss on the athletic program at every turn. Yes, the WF athletic department has some issues, but by reading this board, you would think WF sports are pathetic. Far from accurate.

I'm in on this.
Yeah, we're struggling in hoops but overall, wee hav some pretty impressive teams that are doing good to excellent on the national stage. As a looong time Wake fan, I've learned to live with lots of frustrations (losses), to celebrate the wins and robe eternally optimistic. (Never, never, never, never give up)

Part of the fun(?) of being a Wake fan is the cherishing of every victory because they are not all that common. It is kind of like living in Buffalo with all the snow, it gets boring and is not exciting but down here we delight in every snow because it is special (ok analogies are not my strength)

7-2 WF.

I feel great about WF sports. The football Deacs just finished a great season with an unstoppable offense, capped by hanging 55 on Texas A&M. The soccer team was #1 for most of the year; the tennis program is marching toward an NCAA title; the baseball program is flush with cash recruiting on a very high level, and WF is not losing to a gutter baseball program like G'town.

F the glass half empty losers that try to piss on the athletic program at every turn. Yes, the WF athletic department has some issues, but by reading this board, you would think WF sports are pathetic. Far from accurate.

Great post.

Suspension issue may get hairy. Tight ship right now around program, but talks of a lawsuit are swirling for the suspended guys. It has to be tough on the current players.

7-2 WF.

So good it almost deserves its own thread...

7-2 WF.

Can someone expand on this?

What in the world is going on with that situation?

Last edited:
Nice close out by Supple - 7 Ks, 1 BB, and no hits in the last 3 innings.

Great to see the Deacs win this evening. Roberts stuff is nasty. There were more people there than I would have expected on a rainy day.

Do we need to go old school and claim a "# of posts rule" here?

Can someone expand on this?

Former Diamond Deac David Couch gave $ millions to the baseball program and the facilities are now as good as any. This has WF land back to back to back high level recruiting classes.

Google David Couch and WF baseball.

7-2 WF.

Yeah people get all butthurt about the basketball woes when they don’t realize we are a football school.

I was worried we were having problems hitting when I saw G-town was pitching a no hitter thru 4. Then I read on the other board that the G-town pitcher was doing something unconventional to cross us up, which we ultimately figured out and we got untracked. Good to see our bats still alive.

Last edited:
Back