• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

I saw that the Deacs played Radford in fall baseball on Saturday (new scheduling rules allow for a few games in the fall that don't count against your spring 56) - anybody heard anything about how that game went or how the team is shaping up during fall ball? What kinds of contributions are we expecting from newcomers this year?

Would be nice to hear but if it is like college bball preseason scrimmages we won't hear a word. Still too new of a system to know if that's true.

Would be nice to hear but if it is like college bball preseason scrimmages we won't hear a word. Still too new of a system to know if that's true.

Well. . . they're on Saturdays. . . on the road. . . during football season — so I'm not there.

Here's a little of what I've heard:

They were set to play two 7-inning games
Bobby Seymour was 2-for-3 with a 2-run HR in game one
Chris Lanzilli also had a 2-run HR
Bobby Muntz also with a dinger
On the mound, Wake pitchers Colin Peluse, Morgan McSweeney and Jared Shuster all threw scoreless frames.
Freshman Michael Turconi went 2-for-3 in the 2nd game and played well in the field.
Brendon Tinsman played some catcher and went 1-for-2 in game two.
Shane Smith & Will Fleming both threw a couple scoreless innings.

Scores? No clue.

I should be out for the exhibition game against Ontario next Thursday.

I've already had several fall stories on the Baseball Deacs, so stop by the site if you haven't already.

Well. . . they're on Saturdays. . . on the road. . . during football season — so I'm not there.

On the mound, Wake pitchers Colin Peluse, Morgan McSweeney and Jared Shuster all threw scoreless frames.
Freshman Michael Turconi went 2-for-3 in the 2nd game and played well in the field.

Scores? No clue.

I've already had several fall stories on the Baseball Deacs, so stop by the site if you haven't already.

Thanks for the recap, Les, and for your ongoing coverage of the Deacs. Really appreciate it!

Scores? No clue.

Thanks Les! All I meant was that I didn't know if these were closed like the preseason bball scrimmages.

Thanks Les! All I meant was that I didn't know if these were closed like the preseason bball scrimmages.

That's a great point, but I don't believe they're like the 'secret' scrimmage in college basketball. Joseph from our site is planning on head to the scrimmage this Saturday against Elon, so I'll be checking tomorrow to make sure it's ok for him to be there. I'll pass on the info here in case anyone else wants to go.

Hearing some really neat stuff about the technology that will be implemented with the baseball team. Excited for the Spring.

Former WF first round pick of the Pirates Will Craig followed up his 20 HR/102 RBI season in AA with an invite to the prospect-heavy Arizona Fall League. Would not be surprised to see Craig in the bigs at some point next year. Love seeing the Deacs succeed!

Hearing some really neat stuff about the technology that will be implemented with the baseball team. Excited for the Spring.

Whoa....I've lost track somewhere along the line....where exactly is this new facility ?

Thanks DC....

So this is a second building or is it an expansion of the initial building above the 3rd base line ?

Read the article.

It says this is the second floor completion of a building that was already partially occupied.

Per Les, Matt Hobbs moving to Arkansas. I believe their pitching coach moved to the pros. Makes sense as he is a Missouri guy, but sucks for us, especially this late.

that’s sucks, hobbs is monte and we are building all that sweet technology as part of the new facility that should have been right up his alley

looks like we landed a stud grad transfer pitcher from holy cross, danny barlok. seems like a sure bet to close

looks like we landed a stud grad transfer pitcher from holy cross, danny barlok. seems like a sure bet to close

I like the sound of this regarding Danny Barlok:

2018 (Junior):

Appeared in 20 games as a relief pitcher
Recorded a 1.71 ERA
Went 5-2 on the season with four saves
Pitched 52.2 innings
Recorded 74 strikeouts
Named to the first team All-Patriot League and first team All-Academic

Back