• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

Wake legend John Hendricks hired as pitching coach. He had been working as a scout for the Mets.

What do you know about this hire Les? Seems like a good pickup.

Not a ton more than what I wrote yesterday morning. My sources had told me he was offered and accepted, and I figure things will be confirmed by Wake in a few days. I know on Twitter there's been a huge outpouring of support for the hire, with a ton of folks I don't know absolutely raving about Hendricks. D1 Baseball's Aaron Fitt tweeted that he'd confirmed my report and said "Love that hire - Hendricks is a former #Deacs star, a keen pitching mind, and a very charismatic guy who will really connect with players."

I'd imagine once it becomes official-official, I'll get a chance to interview him about taking the job and what he wants to accomplish with the Deacs.

Yeah return 8 of 9 offensive starters as well as Peluse and McSweeney. Sounded like Bach has looked better and is in position to possibly be the third weekend starter.

February 15 opener at home against Sacred Heart!

In the past, WF has typically played a tough opponent on the road early (USC in 2016, Houston 2017, Santa Clara in 2018). This year, WF doesn't leave VA or the Carolinas for an OOC game. Looks like WF should get off to a good start as the competition doesn't really start stepping up until 12 games into the season, when WF plays 2 at Coastal Carolina. UNC is not on the schedule, which is a bummer.

February 15 opener at home against Sacred Heart!

In the past, WF has typically played a tough opponent on the road early (USC in 2016, Houston 2017, Santa Clara in 2018). This year, WF doesn't leave VA or the Carolinas for an OOC game. Looks like WF should get off to a good start as the competition doesn't really start stepping up until 12 games into the season, when WF plays 2 at Coastal Carolina. UNC is not on the schedule, which is a bummer.

Just one more month of suffering.

So damn ready for this season.

Back