• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

The suspensions are going to kill this team if they go on for a while.

2 of the suspended guys were in the stands watching the Gtown game and I saw them walk down to the dugout to talk to TW before the game.

Schuster looks decent - his fastball doesn’t seem to have great movement for a lefty (watching on tv so may be wrong). He’s given their guys a couple really good pitches to hit. I generally don’t mind the “challenging the batter” strategy but not so much when you’re floating 88-91 without really good movement. Will be interesting to watch the rest of the game.

Looks like our hitting isn’t the only thing that suffered with the departures and suspensions

WOW - should have been out of inning but GW had base loaded and 1 out. SOMEHOW, Wake got out without giving up a run. Maybe, things will be better now.

Still down 3-5.

Last edited:
and even more and more taking.
Early in game one may want to get pitch count up against a starter. Later in game, like us now, we seem to be a non-aggressive hitting team. Drop expectations about 2 notches for season unless big changes.

Second game, GW 6. WF 3. WF with 6 hits, 6 errors, and numerous wild pitches.

Early season games are pretty brutal typically. Especially when you're a young team. Pitchers almost always have the advantage too since hitters just haven't seen enough live pitching at that point. I imagine that they will continue to improve and be right back in the thick of things as the season goes along.

Yeah, we had one of our best seasons ever last season and IIRC we started the season 1-3 or 1-4.

I'm not going to worry quite yet.

1-3; with two losses coming to eventual tournament entrant Houston at their ballpark.

Back