• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

WF plays at Davidson tonight (Davidson won the UNC regional last year, and advanced to the Super-Regional).

Some notable stats through 4 games:

Reliever Ryan Supple - 2G 4.1IP 1H 1BB 10Ks
Reliever Bobby Hearn 1G 3IP 0H 0BB 4Ks

A couple of freshman position players have played well:

DH/C Shane Muntz .364/.462/.545 BA/OBP/SLG
1B Bobby Seymour .333/.389/.400

Deacon stud Johnny Aiello is off to a slow start (he will make someone pay): 2 for 12 no extra base hits. Fellow returning starter Jake Mueller has also struggled: 4 for 18 6Ks and 3 errors.

If the freshman continue to hold their own, only matter of time before vets Aiello and Mueller hit their stride.

It's early but I Wonder if moving Mueller back to the 2-hole where he hit all season last year would be better.

Both are pressing early but will come around.

anyone know if Davidson lost much from last year's team? I enjoyed watching them in the UNC regional last year. Scrappy bunch.. Good pitcher

anyone know if Davidson lost much from last year's team? I enjoyed watching them in the UNC regional last year. Scrappy bunch.. Good pitcher

Davidson lost their best pitcher and best bat, but the Wildcats still are dangerous offensively. Here is the BA preview on Davidson:

The 2017 Davidson team was one for the record books. The Wildcats first stunned the A-10 by winning the conference tournament as a No. 6 seed, then they shocked the country by taking down No. 2 overall seed North Carolina in Chapel Hill to advance to a super regional at Texas A&M. Without question, the Wildcats made their first postseason trip in 115 years as a program a memorable one. Though Davidson will no longer have now-iconic ace Durin O'Linger or All-American outfielder Will Robertson--both in pro ball--the Wildcats retain an experienced core and could ride last season's momentum. Davidson should be among the most offensive teams in the conference, thanks to the return of senior outfielder Cam Johnson and juniors Eric Jones and Justin Lebek. The addition of powerful juco transfer Walker Imwalle provides added juice. And the rotation will be fronted by crafty lefthander Evan Roberts, who had an excellent postseason in his own right behind O'Linger.

Anyone going to game tonight? If I can make it back from Charlotte in time I will be there.

Our pitchers may throw harder but have consistently had too many walks under our current pitching coach. Maybe it is not a reflection of him but certainly seems like a problem we have had for a couple years now.

Lucky to be only down 2-0. I swear they’ve had the bases juiced every inning it seems.

We get 2 hits and a hr by Muntz in the 8th to break up the no-hitter and we lose 3-1

Mississippi St. baseball coach resigned today. Apparently he had an affair with a football staffer who now works with Mullen at Florida. This is supposedly the staffer. His wife is also pregnant.

I understand this has absolutely nothing to do with WF baseball but I found it amusing.

Mississippi St. baseball coach resigned today. Apparently he had an affair with a football staffer who now works with Mullen at Florida. This is supposedly the staffer. His wife is also pregnant.

I understand this has absolutely nothing to do with WF baseball but I found it amusing.

She (Lee Begley) is not just a staffer, Begley is the Director of Recruiting Operations for Florida Gator football (although guessing she may be fired soon too). Also, she married former Miss State hoopster Bill Begley. Here is the happy couple:
DR1axNOUIAAGq4Z.jpg

Which one in the pic is her husband, the one in the middle or the one on the right?

Back