• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
I was decently good luck for last year so I'm doing it again. Less than 2 weeks. I expect a regional appearance at the least. Let's do this!

Baseball America just published its ACC baseball preview:

BA ranked 5 teams in the pre-season top 25:

#3 FSU
#6 UNC
#12 Clemson
#15 UVA
#19 L'ville

In addition to those 5, BA projects the following ACC teams to make the NCAA Tourney:

Duke
Miami
State
WF

Pre-season POY: Clemson 1b Seth Beer
Pre-season Pitcher of the year: FSU LHP Tyler Holton
Freshman of the year: LHP Reid Detmers L'ville

Of the top 20 MLB 2018 draft prospects, the following are Deacons: #9 Griffin Roberts; #15 Johnny Aiello.

Deacs will be tested as they have series against each of the five ranked ACC teams this year (3 of the 4 first ACC series are against FSU, L'ville and UNC). Deacs need to be ready out of the box.

Updates? Projected lineup? Will other coaches still be complaining about us playing with wiffle balls after they have to face Griffin Roberts curveball on Friday nights?

The Deacs open a week from tomorrow at home versus G'town, and play 4 games (Navy on Saturday and a DH Gardner-Webb on Sunday -- all at home) in three days that weekend (hope it warms up). That weekend will answer a lot of questions about what the lineup will look like, what freshman will be counted on, and who will be filling out the rotation behind Roberts.

Last edited:
Definitely excited about baseball season. Lost a lot from last year but hope some guys can step up

^^^^ that’s my biggest takeaway as well.

I had projected Roberts, Peluse, and Mcsweeney was my guess as the weekend rotation. Maybe the tall lefty can fill in.

Announced weekend roatation: Roberts, Bach, Peluse, Shuster

Announced weekend roatation: Roberts, Bach, Peluse, Shuster

Shuster is a surprise. He is freshman and it seemed like he was primarily recruited as an OF. Two lefties among the four starters.

Also, listened to an interview with Walter today and he mentioend the emergence of Bobby Seymour to hit in the 5-hole to protect Aiello who will be hitting clean up.

Les Johns retweeted/posted it on his twitter. The interview was done by WSJS radio

Can't wait to see what the Seymour kid has to offer. I see/hear that he has mucho power. Sounds like the pitching will be pretty good this year. Just need the young guys to step up.

Is Drew Loeprich no longer with the team? He is not on the roster?

Back