• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

Johnstone has been solid and is moving fairly quickly although the Braves system is loaded. I'm pretty positive on Mondou as a utility guy. Craig and Sheets remain to be seen as they will both end up at a loaded 1b position. They'll really have to pick up the power numbers.

Griffin Roberts signed with the Cards for $1.6 million.

Aiello signed with the Jays; Supple with the Rockies.

Congrats to all.

Dunshee promoted to AA

Congrats to Parker! Can't remember who saw that coming...

You called it, duh.

Seriously though, good for Parker. To climb from Rookie ball to AA in half a season is a pretty quick rise. If he can someone get to AAA by end of this year then that would be incredible.

You called it, duh.

Seriously though, good for Parker. To climb from Rookie ball to AA in half a season is a pretty quick rise. If he can someone get to AAA by end of this year then that would be incredible.

Two levels in less than half a season is fast rising. Next steps would be AAA and/or 40 man roster.

Griffin Roberts signed with the Cards for $1.6 million.

Aiello signed with the Jays; Supple with the Rockies.

Congrats to all.

Aiello starting out in Bluefield in the Appy League. Plenty of opportunities for fans from the Triad to follow him without having to travel more than 2 hours.

Only a year after his pro debut, Connor Johnstone is starting for AAA Gwinett today in a loaded Braves farm system.

Last edited:
He is certainly on the fast track to the majors

He isn't on any Braves' top prospect lists as I keep up with them quite well. This looks to be a spot start, with his pro future as a long reliever. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a long bullpen/occasional 5th starter career.

3 IP, 3 R (2 ER), 6 hits. It should be noted that today's scheduled starter, Lucas Sims, was called up today as the Braves played a super long extra inning game and needed relief help. I hope he wasn't just the best rested pitcher they could find and that this shows organizational belief.

Final Perfect Game recruiting rankings released.

Wake ranked 30th. Second best recruiting class since Perfect Game started rating them in 2011. Last year's class was ranked 25th.

Individual rankings:

Ryan Cusick P #115
Matthew Wyatt Beddow P #158
Brendan Tinsman C #226
Shane Smith P #300
Drew Kendall OF #359

Rest are ranked 500+

Final Perfect Game recruiting rankings released.

Wake ranked 30th. Second best recruiting class since Perfect Game started rating them in 2011. Last year's class was ranked 25th.

Individual rankings:

Ryan Cusick P #115
Matthew Wyatt Beddow P #158
Brendan Tinsman C #226
Shane Smith P #300
Drew Kendall OF #359

Rest are ranked 500+

Would've been even better if LaVigne hadn't signed. He was #42 overall.

3 pitchers who are top 300. Me likes. If we can get some depth at pitching next year, we'll be pretty good.

According to Conor's article, Nick DiPonzio and Zach Seal are no longer on the team.

Former Diamond Deacon Jonathan Pryor was suspended 76 games for PEDs. He is an OF in the Nats system.

Last edited:
Parker Dunshee is continuing to dominate for the A's. In his last AA outing, he pitched 7+ no hit innings before being pulled for hitting his pitch limit. Here is a link discussing his rising star status in the A's organization:

http://athleticsfarm.com/tag/parker-dunshee/

Back