• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Japhet-Mathias Dismissed

Wasn't all this going to be cleaned up 8 years ago and blue hairs would no longer be "skeered" of our players?

Well, I interpret this differently as there are many reason's for a player dismissal. Wasn't he the one with the 'knife' incident. He's been in the dog house the entire season but no reason to kick someone off the team before then end of the season unless it was significant. IMO

You don't get kicked off the team mid-season unless there's more to the story. Time will tell

Expectations at Wake are pretty low so it has to be pretty disappointing for someone to be dismissed for not meeting them.

Haha. So true. But don’t tell this to Mit Shah and his Board buddies. They were whooping it up as we beat the mighty FSU Seminoles in front of 3500 fans. Everything going well, no issues to address in Athletics.

If we start dismissing people for not meeting program expectations, there will not be enough players to field a team and there damn sure won't be anyone to coach them.

People realize this is a joke about our team sucking at basketball, not an indication of more disciplinary issues, right?

Subtract SJM, add that 5* big man we are recruiting = natty next year.......!!!! Right?

Haha. So true. But don’t tell this to Mit Shah and his Board buddies. They were whooping it up as we beat the mighty FSU Seminoles in front of 3500 fans. Everything going well, no issues to address in Athletics.

Such a weird post.

Mit lives in Atlanta and came up for a midweek game. We beat FSU. Was he not supposed to enjoy that?

We’re lucky to have him as a supporter of the program.

Wasn't he big in helping us land Sarr? Disappointing to see this. I had high hopes for him, but not seeing any PT this year kind of eliminated those.

Such a weird post.

Mit lives in Atlanta and came up for a midweek game. We beat FSU. Was he not supposed to enjoy that?

We’re lucky to have him as a supporter of the program.

Actually, you’re right. Mit doesn’t deserve that. But some of our other current Board members...let’s just say I am not a huge fan and leave it at that.

3342133e79466af1a9233771aa8bf9a4.jpg

Yet his flag still hangs

So only 3500 for the FSU game? I read one account that said the Joel was rocking and team appreciated the support.
The 3500 must have been active.

Last edited:
Back