• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Winter Olympic Thread

Just not a lot

trophy_large-1.jpg

Just not a lot

Chan's under-rotated triple axel where he fell had a base score of 6.49 points scored him 3.49 points
Kolyada's well-executed triple axel had a base score of 9.35 points and he scored 11.64 points
Rippon's had the same base score and scored 10.92
Rizzo's under-rotated triple axel had the same 6.49 base score as Chan's and he scored 5.49
Tanaka had a lower base score of 8.50 since his was in the first part of the program and he scored 10.07 points

Eight points could move you a lot, but it is less than 5% of the winner's score :noidea:

Last edited:
Chan's under-rotated triple axel where he fell had a base score of 6.49 points scored him 3.49 points
Kolyada's well-executed triple axel had a base score of 9.35 points and he scored 11.64 points
Rizzo's under-rotated triple axel had the same 6.49 base score as Chan's and he scored 5.49
Tanaka had a lower base score of 8.50 since his was in the first part of the program and he scored 10.07 points

Eight points could move you a lot, but it is less than 5% of the winner's score :noidea:

e33b4884593de76dbf3cc1b7c6017e51--los-simpsons-homer-simpson.jpg

yeah, i can't see why people might find this tedious and fun-sucking

I can’t believe people care this much. The best skaters are not all going to fall in the event that matters and nothing changes if you make Chan last and US first in the team competition.

Canada still crushes you.

The Winter Olympics are amazing, a bunch of sports most people don’t know much about but Ph is somehow an expert, probably can’t even skate.

This is why Trump won.

I realize I don’t know much about these sports. I trust the experts. That’s why I’m not advocating for wholesale rule changes.

TL;DR?

This is why Trump won.

I realize I don’t know much about these sports. I trust the experts. That’s why I’m not advocating for wholesale rule changes.

Because people want to be on the opposite side of your view points? Probably true

Because people want to be on the opposite side of your view points? Probably true

Because every two years people think they’re experts on things they know very little about and want to overhaul how it works based on how they feel.

in olympic news about a sport that doesn't suck, Shawn White said "age is just a number" and stomped the field in qualifying last night. The flying tomato lives despite wrecking his face in training last year. Not sure if the video of his training crash has been posted, warning it is gruesome at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRLM61dV9Ng

I'm pretty excited to watch him go for Gold tonight. Also, just to clarify, if you fall in this event you lose.

My problem is not that a quad jump has a higher point value than a triple, that makes sense, it's the fact they don't penalize a guy for falling enough that it brings the score down to the point where a perfectly executed triple isn't worth more or at least the same. It pretty much makes the outcome a foregone conclusion and there no competition in that. That's called the WWE.

Back