• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Winter Olympic Thread

I know the quality of play takes a hit without the NHLer's, but good Olympic Hockey this morning. USA holding a 2-1 lead late against Slovenia and the Slovaks holding a 3-2 lead over the Russians in the 3rd.

As I type this, Slovenia ties it up with 1:37 left.

USA loses 3-2 in 3 on 3 overtime, after leading 2-0 for a lot of the game. Come on Slovaks, finish off the Russians!

I wouldn't worry too much about the result. USA hockey is historically competitive.

Also, I bet Melania is rubbing Donald's nose in it right now.

At least the Slovaks beat the Russians. They were down 2-0 pretty quick and then scored 3 the rest of the way and shut down Putin's Pride.

Okay, I know you're exited you got a medal, but do you really want to jump on top of another guy you'll already ridden in the lap of all the way down the luge track?

This is approaching electing Trump levels of embarrasment

NBC doesn't like showing start orders or 'standings' too much. It's annoying.

It’s usually about whatever American narrative they can hype during that particular event, not showing the full competition or enlightening viewers about the intricacies of the sport. Case in point: show Mikaela preparing at the starting gate instead of the other runs before hers. Also, play her produced spot even though it’s been shown a half dozen times already.

NBC producers are ruthless America First warriors, and the company is rewarded handsomely with advertising dollars and Middle American eyeballs.

Back