• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Winter Olympic Thread

I haven’t watched as much as I like but I haven’t seen a single medal count graphic on TV. I had to look it up.

Right. #muricafirst

Would justify the need for Norwegian immigrants though.

Yeah. Shiffren hammered that hill in the giant slalom on her last run.

Apparently the Swiss coach is designing the course. Swiss rider in first

Lost by .04 sec. It's such a random race.

Japanese dude CRUSHED it! (I think...)

That was awesome. Had my eyes glued to my TV

Damn Shiffren finished 4th in her top race

Some Swede wins. A quick google search reveals her unsurprising hotness.

Did anyone hear Bode Miller's comments Wednesday about the Austrian (I think she was Austrian) skier whose form had dipped after a knee injury? Veith, I think. Anyway, she tore and ACL after winning gold and silver in Sochi. During the broadcast, Miller made some inane comment about her getting married and how it negatively impacted her skiing. He's evidently getting shredded for the comment and and I just read an article about the custody battle over his son - he got his girlfriend pregnant (she was a former marine) two months before her due date, she moved from San Diego to NYC to attend Columbia. She had the baby, named him Sam, and shortly afterward Miller sued for full custody (his lawyers played dirty, intentionally serving papers to her in SD when they knew she wasn't there; when there was no response, the court ruled in his favor). He was granted custody and had the child for a couple of months before an appeals court ruled in her favor. In the meantime, he tried to change the baby's name and generally acted like a douche.

Bode seems like a swell guy.

Last edited:
I mean during his competitive years he did feud with the US Skiing Federation or whatever it is called and broke away and trained by himself. Only near the end of his career did he rejoin them.

Did anyone here Bode Miller's comments Wednesday about the Austrian (I think she was Austrian) skier whose form had dipped after a knee injury? Veith, I think. Anyway, she tore and ACL after winning gold and silver in Sochi. During the broadcast, Miller made some inane comment about her getting married and how it negatively impacted her skiing. He's evidently getting shredded for the comment and and I just read an article about the custody battle over his son - he got his girlfriend pregnant (she was a former marine) two months before her due date, she moved from San Diego to NYC to attend Columbia. She had the baby, named him Sam, and shortly afterward Miller sued for full custody (his lawyers played dirty, intentionally serving papers to her in SD when they knew she wasn't there; when there was no response, the court ruled in his favor). He was granted custody and had the child for a couple of months before an appeals court ruled in her favor. In the meantime, he tried to change the baby's name and generally acted like a douche.

Bode seems like a swell guy.

I heard his comments and thought it was hysterical. Can’t believe NBC could not find a way to edit that out.

Basically said....yeah her knee was hurt but she also got married and that is not good on the tour...maybe it is the husband.

LMAO

yeah, some of these athlete-color people get nuts on live air; even Tara and Johnny are bonkers sometimes, though Bode is known to be a dickwad

Great women's snowboard cross final but a disappointment for American Lindsey Jacobellis who just missed out on a bronze medal. I think she's still a winner though.

snowboard-cross-women_1920.jpg

5TpTT2_RCVRl.jpg

Meh she's a choker.

Back