• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Winter Olympic Thread

Johhny Weir commenting on Canadian figure skater Gabrielle Daleman's short program in which she stumbled:

"She usually sells that short program like the rent's due tomorrow." :rolleyes:

I think Johnny also dropped a [paraphrase] 'stick it, like a train to the tracks' analogy. Recent locomotive history, though.

Completely serious question. How long do you think it will be until we see an all male pair in figure skating or ice dancing? I mean it's going to happen at some point right. Heck, we could see an all female pair at some point too, but I would think the lifts would be an issue.

Bode Miller is awful at this analyst thing.

Got to love how he is knocking Boggia at the top of her run, and how she was "losing time" and then 10 seconds later, I'm like, she's in the green...winning...got the Gold.

Also, why is World Cup Skiing (kind of like collegiate wrestling) not televised and marketed? I'd watch that over a lot of options (like the Genesis Open or WF hoops - unfortunately!).

Separately, despite Korean dominance, short track is made for TV. I'd watch that over a lot of current options. We did have Krueger get a medal, so we are relevant.

Got to love how he is knocking Boggia at the top of her run, and how she was "losing time" and then 10 seconds later, I'm like, she's in the green...winning...got the Gold.

Also, why is World Cup Skiing (kind of like collegiate wrestling) not televised and marketed? I'd watch that over a lot of options (like the Genesis Open or WF hoops - unfortunately!).

Separately, despite Korean dominance, short track is made for TV. I'd watch that over a lot of current options. We did have Krueger get a medal, so we are relevant.

They had to show her entire run again so Bode could explain his logic for knocking her during the run.

Gotta assume Vonn will take over for Bode in 2022.

Keep proving me wrong $hu$ter, you fucker! Remarkable recovery from 2-4 to win 3 straight -- semis vs. Canada tomorrow at 6 AM/whenever NBC decides to actually show it on TV

Completely serious question. How long do you think it will be until we see an all male pair in figure skating or ice dancing? I mean it's going to happen at some point right. Heck, we could see an all female pair at some point too, but I would think the lifts would be an issue.

Was discussed on the web. Current rules prohibit same sex couples-- would have to change the rules

Changing the rules would open it up to smaller dudes. I’m sure there are great skaters who couldn’t pull off the lifts but could be lifted.

Two dudes (one small) that could both do quads would obviously win, right? Doesn't seem particularly fair.

Two dudes (one small) that could both do quads would obviously win, right? Doesn't seem particularly fair.

Blades of Glory.

blades-of-glory-large-msg-124777214475.jpg

Combined is easily my favorite event. Takes a special talent to be good at downhill + slalom.

My bro in law was high school ski teammates with David Wise who took home gold in halfpipe

High school ski teams? I didn't realize that was a thing. Makes sense though.

Back