• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Winter Olympic Thread

The hockey edit came at 2:08am, no less.

I wish I could stay up and watch everything, but it’s just not possible without destroying the rest of my life.

I know, I would've loved to have watched the women's hockey game last night, but can't handle staying up that late and being lucid at the office the next day.

WOAH. SCHUSTER MY BOY! I NEVER DOUBTED YOU.

F YOU CANADA. WE'RE TAKING ALL YOUR SPROTS.

Is the GM match 1:30 AM Saturday? Cause PM would be a lot cooler.

WOAH. SCHUSTER MY BOY! I NEVER DOUBTED YOU.

F YOU CANADA. WE'RE TAKING ALL YOUR SPROTS.

Is the GM match 1:30 AM Saturday? Cause PM would be a lot cooler.

Yup, they are playing the GM match at 3:30 am in Korea, just so the Americans can watch it in the middle of the day.

I usually stay up late and I fell asleep during the GRB match. I hope I can make it for this one.

Wow. No medal for Vonn.

Weird that the NBCSN chryon for Canada-USA women's hockey doesn't indicate that it's the gold medal game. 11 min left in OT by the way.

Are you all not watching this? Shootout for the gold on NBCSN.

Watched the whole thing last night - what a fucking match. Those ladies showed some skills down the stretch. Big props to 20 year old Maddie Rooney for locking down the goal in a high pressure situation. She showed major poise through the end of OT with Canada on a powerplay to finish and then to shut down Agosta (after giving up a goal to her) for the win. So badass.

Shuster's is a good story. I and probably many others assumed he was just handpicked again to the lead the US team, but apparently he wasn't even included on a list of 10 teams the US wanted to groom towards 2018. But he and this team fought their way into the top spot by winning games, and now here they are.

Also he got real emotional the other day talking about how he was using Dan Jansen as inspiration re: failing at past Olys and then finally breaking through.

Go win it all, you fucker !

I know I'm late here, but they're playing the women's hockey game on NBCSN. Amanda Kessel missed two years with concussion symptoms after a concussion she suffered in the 2014 Olympics and I assumed her hockey career was over. Pretty cool to see she's playing again and contributing.

I know I'm late here, but they're playing the women's hockey game on NBCSN. Amanda Kessel missed two years with concussion symptoms after a concussion she suffered in the 2014 Olympics and I assumed her hockey career was over. Pretty cool to see she's playing again and contributing.

You know Canada won right?

Ha, I follow too many salty Canucks to avoid the outcome for 12+ hours.

Fun fact, Sarah Nurse of team Canada is Donovan McNabb's niece.

Ha, I follow too many salty Canucks to avoid the outcome for 12+ hours.

Fun fact, Sarah Nurse of team Canada is Donovan McNabb's niece.

#avalonsphunphillyphacts

Nobody can accuse NBC cross country skiing analyst Chad Salmela of lacking enthusiasm. Here is his commentary during the final moments of the historic win by the U.S. women's sprint relay duo.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/incredible-call-perfectly-captures-diggins-historic-moment

gettyimages-921941232-e1519209021300.jpg

My favorite moment and call of the olympics. Quite moving...

They're doing a profile on a mousy brunette Russian ice skater who loves anime. Ph, you watching?

That was the second time I’ve seen it. Saw it on NBCSN before the free skate.

It’s like she’s the new Russian with personality eager to engage with the rest of the world and the 15 year old is a prototypical Soviet athlete grown in a lab or something.

Lab 15 year old Russian did 5 triples in a row in training. Freak of nature.

Back