• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Winter Olympic Thread

LOL. You realize I’ve got the history of the sport on my side, right?

It’s a fair critique but distance is only one factor in the jump. A longest ski jump event would be cool. But this isn’t it.

What are the judges looking for other than the very elements of good form that would help you fly farther?

The point is that it's redundant to incorporate scores for form if all the things they're judging are precisely the things that make you fly farther. You don't combine Bolt's 100m time with a score for his running form.

What are the judges looking for other than the very elements of good form that would help you fly farther?

The point is that it's redundant to incorporate scores for form if all the things they're judging are precisely the things that make you fly farther. You don't combine Bolt's 100m time with a score for his running form.

Biut what if he went cave exploring?

Are you proclaiming to be an expert on the ski jump now?

You recommend changes to soccer every 4 years. But now you want to be like, "whoa guys, I know the rules, and we're cool here."?

What changes have I recommended other than using the players on the team to play instead of using fatigue as an excuse for a shootout?

Or what’s also known as common sense.

I’m no expert on ski jumping. I haven’t even watched it yet this Olympics. From what I remember judging acts in a similar way as officials do in mainstream American sports. They make sure athletes accomplish the goal of the game in a safe manner.

I know that, just how many people know he played hoops for NC State?

What did he say?

Live TV open mike. Non-issue.

Hard to imagine what a kid could say that would be that bad nowadays.

“Yeah! Now I’m famous enough to grab ‘em by the pussy!”

“Suck it, Norway. You’re a shithole now!”

Hard to imagine what a kid could say that would be that bad nowadays.

“Yeah! Now I’m famous enough to grab ‘em by the pussy!”

“Suck it, Norway. You’re a shithole now!”

Well that's true. We have president who has said worse and it hasn't caused him any issues yet.

I also noted the Germany thing; I think Bob's on it with a marketing angle. I suspect the United States comprises a significant portion of the Olympics viewing audience, and is also a target demographic.

Americans would start World War III if our Olympic athletes wore something that said États-Unis.

Back