• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Winter Olympic Thread

Mikaela Shiffrin‘s Ms. Marvel outfit is pretty awesome.

I don't understand how Rippon finished worse than the Russian or the Canadian dude that fell down TWICE.

Good interview by Rippon.

Actually she is. She just won the European championship over the other Russian. People just can’t yet that she is better because the other one is the defending world champion who also won by a lot last year.

She was so much better than our skater and the Canadian. Holy shit.

Probably, marketing. Some of Germany's uniforms appear to be supplied by Adidas (at least the clothing worn for podium ceremeonies) and the U.S. is the 2nd largest market for Adidas (after Western Europe). The Adidas marketing people must assume (probably correctly) that many Americans don't know what "Deutschland" means. :D

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fstephanrabimov%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F02%2FGermany-2-image-source-integration.DOSB_.de_.jpg%3Fwidth%3D960

Also, whether one approves or not, English is the de facto world language, so why not use English for uniforms designed for an international competition. I've noticed that some other countries do the same thing:

2c5524c81a334cd182a985f6dce48e62.jpg

The clothing worn by the athletes from Deutschland for the opening ceremony has a simple, discreet "D" on it. No "Germany." But it does have an Adidas logo so the use of "Germany" is not on all the clothing.

germany1.jpg

I like the German uniforms that also show the German coat of arms like the hockey jersey for this Olympics.

Screen-Shot-2017-11-05-at-9-48-16-AM.png

canucks.jpg

When did Canada get so good at figure skating? Like 12 years ago Elvis Stojko (sp?) was a phenom because he was a good Canadian skater, if my memory serves correctly.

Now they are freaking powerhouses up there with us, China, and Russia. WTF.

Stojko's first Olympics was 1994. Didn't think it was that long ago either.

The first woman that lands a quad is going to break the internet.

"With the postponement of the women's giant slalom and the men's downhill, here's the revised schedule for alpine skiing for the next few days:

Men’s Combined
Run 1: Monday, Feb. 12, 9:30 p.m. ET
Run 2: Tuesday, Feb. 13, 1 a.m. ET

Women’s slalom
Run 1: Tuesday, Feb. 13, 8:15 p.m. ET
Run 2: Tuesday, Feb. 13, 11:45 p.m. ET

Women’s Giant Slalom
Run 1: Wednesday, Feb. 14, 7:30 p.m. ET
Run 2: Wednesday, Feb. 14, 11:15 p.m. ET

Men’s Downhill
Final: Wednesday, Feb. 14, 9:00 p.m. ET "

Ah this explains why NBC's TV coverage stinks. I've seen the men's 5000m 3 times today.

Back