• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Winter Olympic Thread

I have some bad news folks.

John Shuster is still a thing

Coverage begins tonight at 11pm on NBCSN - Alpine Skiing and Mixed Curling (new event).

Coverage begins tonight at 11pm on NBCSN - Alpine Skiing and Mixed Curling (new event).

I'm setting my alarm ar 3 a.m. next week so I can get up to watch mixed curling.

Thinking that the wife and I might take this up and try out for the next Winter Olympics
Can't possibly be much competition out there.

3 am curling? I’ll never get to sleep.

3 am curling? I’ll never get to sleep.

I lived in the U.K. In the late 80's.
Sounds crazy, but dUring the Seoul Olympics in 1988 I got up almost every night at 2:00 a.m. so I could watch track events live.
I was obviously dead tired by the end of the week, but don't regret doing it at all.

Not crazy. My youngest was born two weeks before the London Olympics. I watched some streaming events around 3 or 4 am a few times while he was up.

Last edited:
Wow!
Good luck to her.

Bob - did you take these pics?

Pretty sure I saw her featured in a commercial this week.

Off to a good start -- #TeamHam of mixed curling fame shattered any love and memories from tonight for Team OAR.

Small matter of Canada up next, tomorrow mornin at 6 AM ET

It blows my mind that that little shithole resort (granted, much less of a shithole now than it was in the 80s) with the icy slopes and freezing weather was able to sell itself successfully to the Olympics. No doubt some Moonie and government money greased some palms for this, but there's also little doubt that the Koreans will be all over this to make it a successful Olympics.

It blows my mind that that little shithole resort (granted, much less of a shithole now than it was in the 80s) with the icy slopes and freezing weather was able to sell itself successfully to the Olympics. No doubt some Moonie and government money greased some palms for this, but there's also little doubt that the Koreans will be all over this to make it a successful Olympics.

Nobody wants the winter olympics anymore. They are begging cities not to drop out of future bids.

Nobody wants the winter olympics anymore. They are begging cities not to drop out of future bids.

Except Salt Lake City who plans to bid for 2030 and is open to bidding for 2026.

Austria wants to host an upcoming Winter Games as well.

he curled pretty well in the trials

Go Mikaela Shiffrin! (daughter of my Dartmouth classmate Jeff Shiffrin)

image-1234754-860_poster_16x9-fcah-1234754.jpg

Canada-WCup-Womens-Downhill-Skiing.jpg

13-jpg.JPG

Back