• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Solo: A Star Wars Story

This entire movie relies on his charisma so if he sucks it'll put the whole thing behind the eight-ball. Not really impressed by what I've seen so far out of him in these trailers

He reminds me of Joey Lawrence in that trailer. WHOA Chewie.

He’s trying too hard to be easygoing and smarmy which just comes so naturally to Harrison Ford

Speaking of Lando.

i was wondering if that's how he's playing Lando in the movie or was just a joke

Mea Culpa, I didn't read the whole article when I posted. The point of the article is that Kathy Kennedy's quote about making a Lando movie was a "misunderstanding". It's not a done deal, just something she'd like to see done.

i was wondering if that's how he's playing Lando in the movie or was just a joke

I assume it was the same quality of acting you usually see in an SNL sketch compared to a feature film.

The guy playing Han is signed to a 3 picture deal. I don't know if they've got a deal with Glover. If not, they should. A Lando film seems like a logical move.

i mean, it would be a little odd to debut a character prior to the film it's satirizing's release, right

That would be weird, but Lando debuted in Empire 38 years ago. SNL could have done that sketch anytime since 1980.

true

but Glover is playing the updated version of the character in a movie set to be released in the coming weeks. So I guess i'm curious if he was riffing on Billy Dee's take or previewing his take.

Fair question, but I think he was just trying to get through the sketch.

His opening monologue was about how he auditioned for SNL twice and didn't get it. He was fine overall, but you kinda understood why as the show went along. It's not his best format.

Last edited:
Back