• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Overall I liked it but I didn’t like they broke the Star Wars tradition of starting the movie in space and didn’t like the halfass opening crawl.

It was just ok. I'll give it a C, I guess. My 13 year old was bored. The 9 year old liked it but got bored in the middle. The convenience of CGI allows movies to go too long... editing is a lost art. The pacing got lost.

Woody Harrelson was good but his dialogue could have been so much better.

In the end, I enjoyed some scenes, but it wasn't a good movie, and it shouldn't have been made.

we all liked it. Thought it had the most original Star Wars feel. But we were literally the only people in the theater.

I sometimes wish the dialogue allusions were more subtle, but I guess it makes sense that human beings would say the same stuff over the course of a lifetime

Yeah. It’s a weak thing to complain about. As is the idea that a 19 year old or so Han would have the same swagger as the 30-something Han we meet in Ep 4.

At least he shot first. That’s consistent. Apologies if we aren’t doing spoilers yet.

Only made $103M in the 4-day weekend, $83M 3-day. Curious to see how this impacts their plans for future Solo films.

Yeah. It’s a weak thing to complain about. As is the idea that a 19 year old or so Han would have the same swagger as the 30-something Han we meet in Ep 4.

At least he shot first. That’s consistent. Apologies if we aren’t doing spoilers yet.

Only made $103M in the 4-day weekend, $83M 3-day. Curious to see how this impacts their plans for future Star Wars films.

Fify

LOL. They’re going to keep pumping out Star Wars films. I bet they go forward with the Solo trilogy as well. They’ll just put plenty of Jabba in the trailer.

LOL. They’re going to keep pumping out Star Wars films. I bet they go forward with the Solo trilogy as well. They’ll just put plenty of Jabba in the trailer.

Yeah but I’m reading they may slow it down and only do December releases
No new Star Wars until December 2019

I enjoyed more than I expected to. It was very good but not great. I really liked seeing the first meetings between Han and Chewie and Han and Lando. Emilia Clark was great as Q'ra and Paul Bettany was really good as Dryden Vos. While I thought that Ehrenreich did a good job as Han Solo, it is just difficult for me to accept anyone other than Harrison Ford in that role. The movie was a little long and it was very dark- not dark in tone but it was literally dark. Sometimes it was like watching silhouettes.

Yeah but I’m reading they may slow it down and only do December releases
No new Star Wars until December 2019

That’s no different than what they’re already doing. That’s one film a year. Disney just prioritized Mary Poppins for their big Christmas release this year instead of a Star Wars film.

Last edited:
It's possible I'll eventually see this, but my one burning question is - did the movie explain why a notable Kesel Run is measured in distance, not time?

edited for clarity.

Last edited:
It's possible I'll eventually see this, but my one burning question is - did the movie explain why a notable Kesel Run is measured in distance, not time?

edited for clarity.
I assumed it was bc Han cut through that stormy shit and didn't take the typical route

I loved the scene where we learn that Han, much like the best hustlers in any galaxy, is the keeper of his own legend and argued with Chewbacca about rounding down to 12 parsecs.

Yeah. That was good stuff. All the Han-Chewy stuff was money. Also good to know Chewy had a body count.

I saw somewhere that he was around 19 in Solo and ANH takes place about 7 years later -- so 26ish

The timeline I posted above said the film started 13 years before the Battle of Yavin.

Back