• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Solo: A Star Wars Story

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Super Bowl teaser. Official trailer debuts in the morning.

The Nerd Crew pre-reviewed this, before they watched it. It was unsurprisingly spot-on.

The trailer looks ok. Still don't think we needed this movie, but my guess is Woody Harrelson props it up enough to make it decent, and you can never get enough Millennium Falcon vs. TIE fighter action.

I mean, that trailer is kind of bad, right?

I think the underlying feeling that this movie is a total waste of time makes it all feel bad. We just don't need this after three straight years of Star Wars movie, and WGAF about Solo's origins. His background is not that unique, just your classic rogue reluctant hero, culled from Old West movies. Disney is milking this cow to death. Like I said, Falcon vs. TIE fighters will be the only thing worth watching on the big screen.

I'll see it because my kids will drive me nuts to go but I won't be anywhere near the theater for the first two weeks. I'm still recovering from the disorganized unedited endless poorly written emo journey that was TLJ (which was soooooo bad).

while I think the idea of a Solo origin movie is totally dumb, i actually thought the trailer had some cool visuals.

Alden's Harrison Ford voice isn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

Trailer was better than the teaser. I'll definitely go see it, but not pumped for it. Will be hard to live up to TLJ, coming so close on its heels.

Trailer was better than the teaser. I'll definitely go see it, but not pumped for it. Will be hard to live up to TLJ, coming so close on its heels.

Trailer was better than teaser

But I still think this movie will be hot garbage. Many better origin stories to explore I think

I want a Chewbacca story and I want it to end with the veteran's committee finally awarding a medal at the end.

Trailer was better than teaser

But I still think this movie will be hot garbage. Many better origin stories to explore I think

Who better than the only adult lead characters from the original trilogy whose backstories haven't been explored? We know nothing about Han, Chewy, and Lando from before Ep IV except the Kessel run, Han won the Falcon from Lando, and Chewy's cameo in Ep III. Rogue One gave us a story we didn't know we wanted and it was excellent.

Who better than the only adult lead characters from the original trilogy whose backstories haven't been explored? We know nothing about Han, Chewy, and Lando from before Ep IV except the Kessel run, Han won the Falcon from Lando, and Chewy's cameo in Ep III. Rogue One gave us a story we didn't know we wanted and it was excellent.

Well I think considering we have more Han development in the new trilogy, his backstory seems like an over saturation at this point. But maybe thats just me.

I think you could have done Lando story that included Han. Or you could have done Bobba Feet/bounty hunter piece. You could have brought Samuel L back for a Mace backstory

You could also continue to build on the Clone Wars animated series and do full movies of some of the newer Jedi characters they have created or worlds they have created.

Who better than the only adult lead characters from the original trilogy whose backstories haven't been explored? We know nothing about Han, Chewy, and Lando from before Ep IV except the Kessel run, Han won the Falcon from Lando, and Chewy's cameo in Ep III.

Well that's not exactly true. But the whole EU is no longer canon, so I guess that knowledge has been officially suppressed.

Well that's not exactly true. But the whole EU is no longer canon, so I guess that knowledge has been officially suppressed.

EU. LOL. At least Star Wars Rebels is canon.

I had no idea this was coming out in May before a couple days ago. A noticeable lack of Han Solo in the trailer, which isn't a great sign to me. Some podcast I listened to last year said this dude might suck as an actor. Should have just paid Harrison to do the voice work and then CGI'd the whole thing. But another Star Wars movie this soon I don't think is a good idea.

Back