• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Comrade Trump wants DC Military Parade

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/bor...articipate-in-trumps-parade-citing-bone-spurs

The Pentagon has turned down Donald J. Trump’s request for a grand military parade in Washington, D.C., citing a sudden outbreak of bone spurs that would prevent men and women in uniform from participating.

Harland Dorrinson, a Pentagon spokesman, said that, within an hour of Trump’s request, more than a hundred thousand military personnel complained that they were suffering from acute cases of bone spurs that would make marching in such a parade a painful ordeal.

“In the history of the U.S. military, we have never experienced a bone-spur epidemic of this magnitude,” the spokesman said. “Regrettably, however, we have no choice but to issue thousands of deferments.”

A statement from the bone-spur sufferers said that they would continue to valiantly serve their country around the world in a non-marching capacity, and offered an alternative to their participation in Trump’s proposed pageant.

“President Trump is welcome to march in the parade all by himself if he would finally like to enlist,” the statement read.

lol

From the Navy Seal who killed Osama Bin Laden.

So we could fund homeless vets for 18 months.

So 4 days after Election Day will be the culmination of $92M of spending for a parade.

Such a wasteful use of funds that could be utilize elsewhere. Nobody but Trump gives a shit about this.

Such a wasteful use of funds that could be utilize elsewhere. Nobody but Trump gives a shit about this.

Warak - I could be wrong but I feel like you mentioned that you are a vet at some point.

Curious what veterans think about this parade?

I have a student who is an Army lieutenant and he hates it. He doesn’t like hollow “Thank you for your service” gestures. He posted the meme I posted on the Facebook gold thread mocking poser warriors.

How Trump says "thank you for your service:"
1. Cover up damning story about water quality on military bases.
2. Hire some Mar-a-lago club buddies to run the Veterans Administration.
3. Disrespect Gold Star families
4. Dodge the draft

Warak - I could be wrong but I feel like you mentioned that you are a vet at some point.

Curious what veterans think about this parade?

Yes, you are correct. It is a job, or a calling, but not a fucking dance recital for a egotistical idiot.

Absolutely HILARIOUSLY inane rep from Tuffalo, "Trump is not a comrade and is unworthy of being called such."

Comrade means he's a RUSSIAN cutout and stooge not a friend of ours.

It's astonishing you didn't get it .

Now he can cancel it and say he saved $90 million and gave it to the vets

Back