• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should Manning be canned at the end of the season?

Shit canning manning?

• Yes

Votes: 53 27.5%
  • No

Votes: 130 67.4%
  • Hire Kenpom & the 7 Dwarves

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If he comes anywhere close to the standard you are setting (hell probably anything in the realm of KP 50 or better, a Friday appearance and just getting into the NCAA and flaming out would be enough), then he will most definitely be around for Year 6. However, that doesn't prove that the Mann-OUT camp is wrong...Year 5 could be another exception to the rule.

Because, in all likelihood, if you're Year 5 comes to fruition, then Hoard is also the transformational player we all hope and expect to see in Year 5, which therefore means he is likely to declare early for the NBA. There is no guarantee the bottom won't fall out in Year 6. Obviously the 2019 recruiting class will be a big factor in whether or not we can sustain the success you define above.

But how much would the Deacs have to fall off in Year 6 for y'all Mann-INg folks to not say, "2 NCAA in 5 years, no way you can fire him after a lackluster Year 6?!"

Depends on how good year 5 is and how bad year 6 is. I’m general, beginning next year my expectations for Manning are the same as my general expectations for the program: NCAAT 75-80% of the time, top 25 50% of the time and serious championship contender 20-25% of the time. High but doable.

Given how bad this year has been, anything less than a tourney appearance in year 6 is probably a fireable offense unless Manning goes Sweet 16 or deeper next year.

We need a new poll that includes option c: Yes, but not before Wellman gets canned first.

Back