• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cheerleaders from NC Schools over the past 100 years

A travesty that there is no pic of Jeff Dobbs. As a freshman I can recall a Cat Hobson as a pretty fine lady in addition to India. Cat was homecoming queen in 1974 and deserved it.

Last edited:
Years ago The Poop Sheet selected the ACC school with the best looking cheerleaders. Wake won it several years in a row, leading to the line: "Best lookiing cheerleaders? Wake, again"

Like I said, that was years ago.

I seem to remember that in the early 70's we had Cat Hobson, Myra DeLapp, and Debbie French all on the same squad. Trust me folks, they were all smokin'!

I briefly was the mascot. Disappointed there was no pix of me, but I'm sure others would rather see the coeds. Anybody remember when the cheerleaders were taught the WSSU cheers? Hard defeat! Perhaps we should do that again to make games more lively.

I briefly was the mascot. Disappointed there was no pix of me, but I'm sure others would rather see the coeds. Anybody remember when the cheerleaders were taught the WSSU cheers? Hard defeat! Perhaps we should do that again to make games more lively.

Well as I remember, the WSState cheerleaders came to Wait Chapel and led a pep rally at one of the Tuesday or Thursday chapel things. "Beat Dook damnit. Beat Dook damnit."

"Hit 'em again, hit 'em again, harder, harder.... take it Deacons take it!"

I married one and she's still hotter than a $2 pistol. Life is good.

Nice! Wrote my Honors thesis with she and Dr. Leary in the mid '80's. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's just me, but reaching back to perv over your former classmates from 40 years ago seems a little pathetic considering they're grandmothers now.

Years ago The Poop Sheet selected the ACC school with the best looking cheerleaders. Wake won it several years in a row, leading to the line: "Best lookiing cheerleaders? Wake, again"

Like I said, that was years ago.

As mentioned above, Wake had some exceptional talent in the cheerleader squad during the 70's.
Even more notable since we also had so few female students compared to most other colleges

In addition to the females, Jeff Dobbs was a once-in-a-lifetime talent as the Deacon.
Saw him a few years ago and he could still do the 'head roll'

Back