• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantasy Baseball (League Full - Draft Time)

I just tried two people from old league and got shot down.

Thanks Coach - I got one more to join.

We have ten and I'm going to close it out so we can set a draft date. Please let me know when works. I'm going to set a tentative date for a week from tonight (Tuesday) at 8 p.m.

I cannot partake in the draft tomorrow night at any time but am fine with y'all doing it without me.

Just realized that even though we agreed on weekly settings, that the default was to daily and I somehow glossed over that. Reaching out to ESPN to try and fix since it apparently locks at the draft time (odd IMO but it is what it is). I think it's pretty simple for us to just agree not to change the roster during the week with the understanding that until (and unless) it is fixed there may be accidental changes from people - but I will post a warning on the site as well and point out if/when it occurs.

Been a while since I've used ESPN for fantasy baseball. Is there an indicator in the lineup of when a starter is scheduled to go? Yahoo used to have a carat next to a SP on his day. Anyone know?

It says PP next to the player when he pitches day of and if you look at the schedule on your team page it lists PP next to games they are scheduled to start.

As a reminder: while I’m waiting to hear back from ESPN on changing the league to weekly transaction please don’t change your teams on a daily basis.

What’s the scheduled day to allow roster changes? What about FA additions & waivers?

My apologies - I just checked to see that our matchups don't end on Sunday and a new one starts on Monday. I played a weekly, Roto league last year with each new week starting on Monday. So I picked up a pitcher and plugged him into the lineup mid-matchup. Sorry, DeacInVermont.

Man, weekly lineups are going to kill me with what to do with Ohtani. Put him at DH & I’m down a pitcher. Could drop another bench player but that makes the bench really short.

Also - only allowed 1 DL? And any update on the weekly/daily situation with ESPN? If not, how should we go about picking up and dropping players? What if I want to drop somebody in my starting lineup but will then have an empty spot because we agreed to no daily changes? If it was weekly, every move would go through at the beginning of each week.

I reached out twice to ESPN to determine if they can switch league over and have not received any word back.

Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to handle transactions for the time being?

My best guess is to limit roster changes to 2-4 a week.

So I can’t drop Seager even though he’s out for the rest of the season?

Back