• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantasy Baseball (League Full - Draft Time)

Wakeforest22890

Snowpom
Reaction score
I know there have previously been some fantasy baseball leagues. Is there one this year and if not, would people be interested in one?

Interested if it's set up just snake draft and points head to head with a once a week lineup lock. I can't do an auction, worry about batting averages and salary caps, or try to set a lineup every day. But if someone's willing to do a simple head to head league then yeah it would be fun.

I would like to do the league again. But, I prefer leagues that are very active. I like the H2H format, where you can use points - not H2H w/just one weekly winner/loser. Instead you can go 7-5 (in categories) one week, 4-8 the next, etc. and the guys with the highest season scores advance to the playoffs.

Personally, I like either a 5 x 5 or 6 x 6 categories (Pitching: QS, IP, K's, ERA, WHIP, SV/Holds & Hitting: AVG, OBP, HR, R, RBI, SB) and limit roster moves to 7 or 9 per week, etc.

I would like to do the league again. But, I prefer leagues that are very active. I like the H2H format, where you can use points - not H2H w/just one weekly winner/loser. Instead you can go 7-5 (in categories) one week, 4-8 the next, etc. and the guys with the highest season scores advance to the playoffs.

Personally, I like either a 5 x 5 or 6 x 6 categories (Pitching: QS, IP, K's, ERA, WHIP, SV/Holds & Hitting: AVG, OBP, HR, R, RBI, SB) and limit roster moves to 7 or 9 per week, etc.

Yeah to each their own, that's just too much to think about each week for me with work, a marriage, kids, and life lol. Simple H2H one opponent per week, with a roster set at noon on Monday is about all I can handle. If anyone has a spot in a league like that, let me know.

Interested if it's set up just snake draft and points head to head with a once a week lineup lock. I can't do an auction, worry about batting averages and salary caps, or try to set a lineup every day. But if someone's willing to do a simple head to head league then yeah it would be fun.

I think a hybrid of this would maybe grab a wider pool of players, something like H2H, but daily rosters (especially for pitching purposes) with a limit of 7 pickups per week.

Also, if this post doesn't show it, I'm 100% interested in playing.

ETA: just saw that Brangus wouldn't be interested in a daily roster, but maybe for those on the fence.

I would personally prefer a daily roster but I’m open to whatever people want. I haven’t played in a H2H weekly league in a few seasons but i think it would be fun.

Anyone have a preference on which site to use? I’ve used yahoo and ESPN in the past

I have used both Yahoo and ESPN and they are both good for running a pretty basic league. I'm just looking for a league where the owners are active, like to trade, and talk a little baseball. Nothing is worse than being in a league where half the owners are inactive and rarely keep up with their team.

I think a 10 team snake draft w/60 seconds per pick is easy. It looks like Yahoo won't go "live" with their fantasy setup until next Friday & it looks like ESPN is around then as well.

The daily roster thing is really cool in theory, but the baseball season is so long. In the daily lineup leagues I have been in people start to slack off halfway through the season and the league starts to suck.

I'd be in. Don't really have a preference on roster or draft style.

Bump.

Just found out my regular league isn't going to play this year. I need a new league. I'm in.

I’ll set a league up this weekend. Thinking H2H 5/5 or 6/6 categories. Nothing wild just a relatively normal 12 team league with a draft. If anyone is vehemently opposed and people agree let me know

I’d just like it to be a weekly lineup instead of daily.

Agreed...weekly is the way to go. Weekly H2H points leagues are the best, imo.

Checking league options out now - leaning towards ESPN.

My thought is H2H, weekly, with a win-loss for each category (rather than simply being 1-0 if you win more categories than the other, you'd be 8-4 if you won 8 categories and lost 4).

Back