• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Obama Official Portraits

Saw them today - His looks great in person. Really vibrant and colorful. Her's looks better than in pictures, but isn't super compelling at first glance.

ac29e24082a733382dcc5593acdcfe11.jpg

Both are awful. Obama’s certainly is a good portrait but the Homer Simpson hedge row is ridiculous. Michelle’s looks nothing like her.

So the relatively hip first black presidential family having their portraits made by black contemporary artists is getting the exact reaction it was expected to.

So the relatively hip first black presidential family having their portraits made by black contemporary artists is getting the exact reaction it was expected to.
That Michelle Obama's portrait doesn't look like Michelle Obama?

Don't be absurd. I've never been a particular fan of Mrs. Obama but she deserves better.

The portrait does not particularly resemble her.

Anybody that would put a largely white dress on the former First Lady

1. has no taste

2. has strange taste

3. does not wish to make her look good

Take your pick.

In a woman's portrait, especially the portrait of the First Lady, you want to be polite, and if you err, you should always err in such a way as to make her look better, younger.

Sadly, in this case that wisdom was ignored.

Yeah I mean the Michelle portrait is bad in that it doesn’t look like her, but I suppose the background is alright since it’s neutral. The Obama portrait is pretty good but the background is fucking god awful. The end.

From what I’ve seen, the Obamas selected their artists and approved of everything.

it's ok to like and not like things.

did people piss their pants for two weeks when JFK's portrait was unveiled ?

Well, she grew veggies and wanted kids to eat healthy lunches and exercise. What a biotch!!!

LOL. The portraits are trash, and I say that because I genuinely like and admire the Obama's.

You all realize that the Obamas picked out their artists and approved the portraits before they were released, right? Anyway, here's this
aa169726e780351b9a08700fc08a634e.jpg

Back