• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Which means 1 of 2 things for Matta. 1. He doesn't want to coach anymore and is happy just collecting a check or 2. His health is not good enough to come back to coaching.

I'm hoping his back heals up 100% by this time next year. I would love that dude to coach Wake.

Which means 1 of 2 things for Matta. 1. He doesn't want to coach anymore and is happy just collecting a check or 2. His health is not good enough to come back to coaching.

His Ohio State departure buyout says he has to "look for equivalent employment." Sounds like he looked. but didn't take. $9 Million reasons for him to flirt with coaching vacancies.

Or I’d suggest #3: Georgia really isn’t that good of a job.

His Ohio State departure buyout says he has to "look for equivalent employment." Sounds like he looked. but didn't take. $9 Million reasons for him to flirt with coaching vacancies.

$6 million reasons to flirt with such vacancies right now, with two years left on the OSU contract

$3 million such reasons next year - but then the cash flow stops in April 2020 unless he has another job

Which is super dumb. As Kirby Smart has begun to show, UGA should be competitive in every sport. Best college town in America, located in a talent rich state, with Atlanta 45 mins away.

lol what?

they've always been good at football and garbage at basketball

Irrelevancy of Kirby Smart and the football program aside, there is no reason UGA can't be good at college basketball.

any state school in a Power 5 conference is one coach away from being a great program

If Va Tech can be pretty good at basketball, UGA can be, too.

He got to the point where he had an offer and then took a campus tour... I have to think he was at least considering it.

Oh I agree that he was considering it. But once he saw it up close, he realized that it’s not a great job.

Take a look at all of their coaches and their career records. It’s over a century of pretty uninspiring results. After Dominique Wilkins, the next biggest name to play there in the past 50 years was...

They have been to the same number of Final Fours as Wake has, which is half as many as Matta went to in his time at Ohio State. They are 7-12 in 12 trips to the NCAA tourney. By comparison, Wake is 28-23 in 23 trips.

If anything, Smart has distorted perspective and expectations. In year 1, they went to the national title game in football, so it oughtta work that way in all sports, right?!?! Matta was smart to turn it down.

Tubby has been canned at Memphis. I can see him being the older, wiser person on the bench Wake needs to assist Danny. I also see Penny Hardaway, if hired, as being the Gerry Faust of this generation.

If Va Tech can be pretty good at basketball, UGA can be, too.

Look no further than Auburn. You just have to "relax your culture" a little. Surely Thad is familiar with that after working at O$U.

Is there any doubt that Auburn will end up forfeiting their wins from this season?

I didn't think there really was.

Is there any doubt that Auburn will end up forfeiting their wins from this season?

I didn't think there really was.

They can't erase what we were man ....
a0cc2f.jpg

The hypothetical is if Wake hired a coach this off season who then had a Sendek @ NCSU type tenure?

Still nonsense. He would be on the hot seat by his third NIt performance. Rightfully so too.

The hypothetical is what I posted.

Back