• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Probably not, but the A10 is a real step up from most mid & low major conferences. I have to imagine it ranks right below the "Power 6" (along w/ the AAC). If you do well in the A10, you can get a good Power 6 job.

UNC-C is in CUSA.

Probably not, but the A10 is a real step up from most mid & low major conferences. I have to imagine it ranks right below the "Power 6" (along w/ the AAC). If you do well in the A10, you can get a good Power 6 job.

Charlotte isn't in the A10 anymore. They are in CUSA.

UNC-C is in CUSA.

I am an idiot. I was looking at Kenpom stuff from 2010 (don't ask me why)... So when I clicked on UNCC, it took me to the page from that season.

Yeah, UNCC isn't that great of a job. Never mind.

Also, more seriously, I've heard a number of academics (who probably don't follow sports) in the past several years refer to Tennessee as "UTK". Very strange.

UNC Charlotte is a relative newcomer as a midmajor. Think you're right about them becoming a stepping stone in the future. It will be easy for at least some ACC ADs to see the coach there perform. Could be goods news/bad news as more knowledge will reveal warts as well as showing good performance.

UNC-C has been a mid-major forever. Not sure what you mean here. They've been to the Final Four more recently than Wake and consider themselves to be a bigtime program that just happens to be on a 12-year dry spell. It was a good stepping stone job for Melvin Watkins who crashed at Texas A&M. Lutz probably should have gotten a better job at some point but it never materialized.

Yeah but half of those aren't even remotely realistic

Those names are realistic because of $. Charlotte can offer a multi-year guaranteed deal that would more than double the salary of the coach at UMBC or UNCG or a Power V assistant's job.

Also, more seriously, I've heard a number of academics (who probably don't follow sports) in the past several years refer to Tennessee as "UTK". Very strange.

Yeah, that's stupid. If UT ever found out that one of its professors was doing that they'd probably lose tenure.

Maybe but hell Wes Miller is about to get the wake job straight from uncg!

Gonna be real fucking sad when UNC-C gets Wes Miller and GoNiners comes over here and insults us for five solid years.

Pelphrey had good results at USA. He was not successful at Arkansas. The Razorbacks were 18-13 (7-9) in his 4th and final season there. 113 kenpom.

Next you'll be telling me that USC is in Columbia.

No. But if somebody said USC in a list of SEC schools, I would know who they were talking about.

UTK is like UNCCH. Perfectly acceptable.

Penny Hardaway to be the next Memphis coach

Derrick Rose should probably be getting into coaching soon. Probably doesn't have his degree though. Not sure if that matters at Memphis.

Penny Hardaway
Derrick Rose
Dajuan Wagner
???

Make that the coaching staff and let's see what happens.

Back