• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Has to be life changing money for Mack to take the job. BTW, because of the uncertainty surrounding the program, L'ville has zero committed recruits for next year. They lose their center and their PG. L'ville will be a rebuild not a re-load.

Louisville isn't just a dumpster fire. It is a raging inferno at the dump site.

Has to be life changing money for Mack to take the job. BTW, because of the uncertainty surrounding the program, L'ville has zero committed recruits for next year. They lose their center and their PG. L'ville will be a rebuild not a re-load.

Isn't his wife from there? That's pretty big incentive.

Cincy and Lousiville are an hour and half apart. I know nothing about Ms. Mack's family, but that's a pretty easy drive for grandma and grandpa (and other L'ville friends and family) to see the Mack kids in Cincy as it is. It's not like Chris Mack is coaching at Washington State.

You'd have to live in Louisville to understand. Most people from Louisville want to live there as adults. My wife is from Louisville and we live in Lexington which is an hour away, she goes all the time to Louisville. But if we moved there she'd be ecstatic.

Interesting, Joe Dooley was the head coach at ECU almost 20 years ago. He was fired, but in retrospect his record there was better than most: 57-52 (30-36). Rare that a coach gets fired, and then is rehired 18 years later (coaches have left to take another job and then comeback to a school - Dave Leitao DePaul, but can't think of another coach who was fired, and then re-hired years later).

BTW, Dave Odom head coached ECU, and he left (IIRC, by mutual agreement) to be the top assistant at UVA.

Tough job.

Tougher job - ECU or App State?

a lot of money for a guy 10 years older than and with the same amount of wins as Wes MF Miller

I like Hurley, but I’m surprised he’s valued so highly.

I wasn’t impressed by anything they did against Oklahoma in terms of strategy or scheme. Obviously tough to take much from the Duke beatdown.

Former WF player and current NC State assistant, AW Hamilton is a finalist for the Eastern Kentucky job. Monte Ross, who played at WSSU and was the head coach at Delaware, is rumored to be the leading candidate for the vacant WSSU job.

Former WF player and current NC State assistant, AW Hamilton is a finalist for the Eastern Kentucky job. Monte Ross, who played at WSSU and was the head coach at Delaware, is rumored to be the leading candidate for the vacant WSSU job.

Hope Monte gets the WSSU job. He did a decent job at Delaware, was done in by a mess on the administrative side, from University President down through Athletic Department management. People wanted "their guy" not the "predecessor's guy." That mentality also cost them a National Championship FB coach.

Posted on a different thread, but Dana Ford is taking Missouri State job... Which probably means that Steve Woodberry isn't going anywhere. He had ties to the program and was a rumored candidate.

The coaching carousel could continue spinning a little longer this year. The FBI could hit some more programs. A few midmajor teams are still playing and their coaches could be prime targets. Mid major teams that had some success the first weekend may lose coaches to some of the existing vacancies, and around we go.

Back