• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Mark Fox out at Georgia.

And he had Hagans and Elias King for 2019 w/major recruiting momentum, likely headed to a top 20 class before the hot seat rumors. Just goes to show that bringing in top level recruits shouldn't save your job, even if you win 18 games. We didn't even win 12. Wellman has the smallest nutsack of any AD in the ACC or Southeastern US.

Relax everyone, the famous Ron Wellman Year End Review he so highly touts should sort everything out and get us back on the right track!

Depressing to see schools making needed changes and Wake doing nothing. Well I guess we extended our guy.

In those 9 years, plus his 5 at Nevada, he never won fewer than 15 games.

He also never won a tournament game at Georgia (only power 5 coach to go more than 8 seasons without winning an NCAA game), only made it twice, and only had Georgia ranked for one week his entire tenure (#24) and they immediately lost and fell out of the polls.

Pitt looking into Matta, UCONN looking at Hurley, Georgia looking at Crean. Wake Forest looking at Danny Manning.

Even if we fire Manning, it’s going to be late in the game after Wellman’s end of the year meeting.

Even if we fire Manning, it’s going to be late in the game after Wellman’s end of the year meeting.

Yea true. I would still think we could get a better coach than Manning no matter how late we are.

Yea true. I would still think we could get a better coach than Manning no matter how late we are.

Uhhhh, the last time Wake made a late hire we got???? in case your memory is short.

Uhhhh, the last time Wake made a late hire we got???? in case your memory is short.

I’m talking about a late fire. It’s about letting candidates know the job is available. There could be any number of reasons for a late hire.

Not sure what who you’re referring to regardless.

Why? Lots of good teams in the AAC and they have the history/brand name to pull good players in the northeast.

Their fans hate the AAC. Only team besides them in the northeast is Temple.

UConn belongs in the Big East where they can play Nova, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Providence, St Johns like they used to.

I’m talking about a late fire. It’s about letting candidates know the job is available. There could be any number of reasons for a late hire.

Not sure what who you’re referring to regardless.

Dino was fired April 8 Jeff B hired April 14.

Oh. I didn’t think you were agreeing with me.

Their fans hate the AAC. Only team besides them in the northeast is Temple.

UConn belongs in the Big East where they can play Nova, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Providence, St Johns like they used to.

Would be kind of fun to see them give their football program the finger and try to go back to the Big East.

Back